• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weirdest music you like?

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't have a concept of weird music. Modern pop music sounds bizarre to me.

I guess implicitly, music from other cultures would be considered abnormal. I like Hungarian folk, Klezmer, ghazal, gypsy jazz, chanson, malian... this wont mean anything to most people so I don't know why I'm typing it.

I know the first four... have a friend who plays klezmer... I like Jagjit Singh's singing of ghazals... gypsy jazz like Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli? Well... Hungarian folk... all I know about that is Brahms... which isn't quite Hungarian folk... make that three I know...

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I'd say chip music.

It's electronic music created using old computer and video game console (and sonically limited) sound chips, or with emulators of said sound chips, or electronic trackers that can make sounds similar to what said sound chips were capable of producing.

Chip music's appeal (to me) is its innovativeness, nostalgic and distinctive sound, and its sonic limitations. Why would sonic limitations appeal to me? Well, when your only given three or four sound channels, and 3 or 4 basic sound waves to work with, and you wish to create music that excites and interests you and other people, then it's necessary for you to really push your creativity boundaries, or even break them. Innovation is demanded of the musician.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'd say chip music.

It's electronic music created using old computer and video game console (and sonically limited) sound chips, or with emulators of said sound chips, or electronic trackers that can make sounds similar to what said sound chips were capable of producing.

Chip music's appeal (to me) is its innovativeness, nostalgic and distinctive sound, and its sonic limitations. Why would sonic limitations appeal to me? Well, when your only given three or four sound channels, and 3 or 4 basic sound waves to work with, and you wish to create music that excites and interests you and other people, then it's necessary for you to really push your creativity boundaries, or even break them. Innovation is demanded of the musician.

I imagine that would be very challenging.

J1129

MBTI Type
INFJ
I LOVE pop music, especially the happy, bubblegum stuff because I'm an optimistic, happy-go-lucky person so I prefer happier, more emotional music. So I'm a HUGE Spice Girls fan! I went to their concert in February & it was amazing!! I just love what they're all about: positivity, friendship, self-confidence, self-determination, & fun!

On another note, I love religious music like Gregorian/Byzantine chants because it's so ethereal & moving!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
On another note, I love religious music like Gregorian/Byzantine chants because it's so ethereal & moving!

This stuff is awesome sometimes too. However, I'm not sure if I'm willing to forgive you for this...:D

So I'm a HUGE Spice Girls fan!

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think of music as weird.

That said, I have been told that Foetus was weird music in the past. ;)

cheers,
Ian

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I like some fairly "odd" music. German Industrial/Metal: Rammstein, OOMPH!, Die Krupps, KMFDM. Swedish Metal: Mesuggah and Opeth.

sleep

MBTI Type
INFP
Probably a Japanese experimental group called Hoahio. They're a weird combination of koto, cute japanese girlvoice, and noise.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Many people consider it weird that I like classical music, Irish folk, and rock and heavy music all at the same time.