• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weirdest music you like?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oval, the CD-skipping music

Esquivel, the groovy space-age bachelor pad music guy

Eugene Chadbourne-- his daughter was my best friend in middle school and I babysat his younger kids. When I was in the 6th grade I went to see him play at a nightclub (chaperoned by his wife, my friend's mom) and he dissected a cadaver he had made out of junk with a Ronald Reagan mask for a head and a giant purple dildo in the appropriate place. Odd, odd guy. I met Jello Biafra and Camper Van Beethoven at his house too which brings me to the next ones:

Dead Kennedys
. This song rules. Too bad Jello's kind of a tool.

Camper Van Beethoven. I hope they made a lot of money off of Michael Moore. They did an album with Eugene as Camper Van Chadbourne.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oval, the CD-skipping music

Esquivel, the groovy space-age bachelor pad music guy

Eugene Chadbourne-- his daughter was my best friend in middle school and I babysat his younger kids. When I was in the 6th grade I went to see him play at a nightclub (chaperoned by his wife, my friend's mom) and he dissected a cadaver he had made out of junk with a Ronald Reagan mask for a head and a giant purple dildo in the appropriate place. Odd, odd guy. I met Jello Biafra and Camper Van Beethoven at his house too which brings me to the next ones:

Dead Kennedys
. This song rules. Too bad Jello's kind of a tool.

Camper Van Beethoven. I hope they made a lot of money off of Michael Moore. They did an album with Eugene as Camper Van Chadbourne.

Agreed on all counts! Esquivel's version of "Frosty the Snowman" nearly made my friend lose his mind while stoned.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) Ivy... I think you forgot the wonders of Mojo Nixon! :)

and the Cramps, the Misfits, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Velvet Underground, Kultur Shock, Leningrad, Los Autenticos Decadentes, New York Dolls, The Vandals (;) Scanty) and then my unreasonable obsession with the Venga Boys and Tom Jones :doh:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

and the Cramps, the Misfits, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Velvet Underground, Kultur Shock, Leningrad, Los Autenticos Decadentes, New York Dolls, The Vandals (;) Scanty) and then my unreasonable obsession with the Venga Boys and Tom Jones :doh:

My screamy metal/hardcore punk. Not really that weird to the younger generation I guess but to a lot of people that are just used to the top 40 count down, my stuff might seem odd.

MySpace.com - alloutwar - California - Breakcore - www.myspace.com/alloutwarz (not the band's myspace but a page I made to host their songs)

Listen to those and tell me if it seems CRAY-ZEEEEEE

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ

I have the video for "Boom Boom Boom Boom" downloaded. I'm sick like that.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm hoping if I play this enough times my kids will pick up the chorus and going around singing it with me. :happy2:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm hoping if I play this enough times my kids will pick up the chorus and going around singing it with me. :happy2:

:rofl1: that's HILLARIOUS! I'd love to hear children going around singing that! :devil:

might as well add this into the mix of songs along those lines as well :whistling: :)thelook: so what if I'm a fan of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)

and to add to the odd music I like, I totally love the music and voice of Voltaire (and he's not that bad looking either!)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
...:huh: and that would be...?

My screamy metal/hardcore punk. Not really that weird to the younger generation I guess but to a lot of people that are just used to the top 40 count down, my stuff might seem odd.

MySpace.com - alloutwar - California - Breakcore - www.myspace.com/alloutwarz (not the band's myspace but a page I made to host their songs)

:steam: :ranting: :2up: :censored: :nono:

:hug:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:doh: sorry thebeat- I think I'm going senile early :shock:

fan of Black Flag by any chance? :huh:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
:doh: sorry thebeat- I think I'm going senile early :shock:

fan of Black Flag by any chance? :huh:

Haha It's all good. It's easy for things to get lost in the tide. Black Flag = not too bad. Not totally my cup of tea but definitely an influential band for a lot of bands I do like.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I used to really like Black Flag. Unfortunately since I heard Henry Rollins' spoken word I can't really enjoy them anymore. He seems like an even more massive tool to me than Jello.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:huh: but is he as big of a tool as Lou Reed?

(of course I love Lou Reed nonetheless- he's just a total tool)