• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weirdest music you like?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Given my reputation as a music snob/dork, I like a lot of straight-up pop stuff, like Roxette and Hanson. What are the corniest/weirdest/goofiest groups or songs you like?

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Anne Clark
Drives everyone else in this house (including the dog) mad.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Russian ska, psychobilly and horror punk! :)

(oooh! and gypsy punk! :wubbie:)

and I should probably add the Suicide Machines and NOFX onto that list :rolleyes:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dead Can Dance and Lisa Gerrard?

I love both...but imagine most would think they are weird or too hippie/new-agey!!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Russian ska, psychobilly and horror punk! :)

(oooh! and gypsy punk! :wubbie:)

and I should probably add the Suicide Machines and NOFX onto that list :rolleyes:

I just saw Gogol Bordello on Saturday, and it was a great show. I took a rather nasty elbow to the forehead, though, and retired to the bar area after that.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Dead Can Dance and Lisa Gerrard?

I love both...but imagine most would think they are weird!!

I enjoy their stuff. You know who is a weird big Dead Can Dance fan? Michael "Kramer" Richards. Maybe not the best vocal supporter of an artist nowadays, but interesting nonetheless.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think most of my music would be considered weird to the general population.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think most of my music would be considered weird to the general population.

...:huh: and that would be...?

Gogol Bordello is awesome- in fact I have a deep love of all of the bands on the Everything is Illuminated soundtrack (though eerily enough I had them all before I'd even heard of the movie :shock:)

and punk covers of old classics will always fall close to my heart :heart: I love you Me First and the Gimme Gimmes! :wubbie:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Vandals!
i also like wizard rock, because its funny, so i listen to a lot of Harry and the Potters and Draco and the Malfoys.
I also enjoy The dresden dolls, the mars volta, and richard cheese.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Vandals!
i also like wizard rock, because its funny, so i listen to a lot of Harry and the Potters and Draco and the Malfoys.
I also enjoy The dresden dolls, the mars volta, and richard cheese.

Richard Cheese does good stuff. I especially like the "She Hates Me" cover.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
grindcore is kind of weird.

I don't really get most of it though.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
...:huh: and that would be...?

Gogol Bordello is awesome- in fact I have a deep love of all of the bands on the Everything is Illuminated soundtrack (though eerily enough I had them all before I'd even heard of the movie :shock:)

and punk covers of old classics will always fall close to my heart :heart: I love you Me First and the Gimme Gimmes! :wubbie:

I got to meet Elijah Wood when I was in L.A. I don't know if he is still dating Pamela Racine, but I ran into him. He has pretty good taste in music, too. I also knew of Gogol Bordello before the movie. I should probably Netflix that, because I didn't catch it in the theater.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is a hard one. I listen to quite a lot rather odd music, but I don't think it's very weird, but I am sure people especially listening to a lot of mainstream music would find it weird. Anyhow, I am going to make a suggestion and say Orphaned Land, which is progressive metal with heavy Middle East folk music influences. Their Mabool album is ingenious. <3

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
This is a hard one. I listen to quite a lot rather odd music, but I don't think it's very weird, but I am sure people especially listening to a lot of mainstream music would find it weird. Anyhow, I am going to make a suggestion and say Orphaned Land, which is progressive metal with heavy Middle East folk music influences. Their Mabool album is ingenious. <3

Sounds pretty interesting. I will check them out.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Weirdest music, that will have to be 'Mr. Bungle' or 'Animal Collective'.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6