• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"SG-1" or "Atlantis..."

"Stargate SG-1" or "Stargate Atlantis"?

• Total voters

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been turning on the Sci-Fi Channel for creative inspiration and have been watching the Stargate TV spin-offs.

Which one do you prefer? Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally, I chose Stargate Atlantis because it's got more outer space themes. I think Stargate SG-1 is more boring.

However, the problem with TV space operas is that they don't have enough actual space dogfights.

sassafrassquatch

SG-1 consistently whacked every hot chick I liked on that show, so it's on the Excrement List. By the time Atlantis came around SG-1 had already recycled their plots several times. Atlantis is playing Weekend at Bernie's with a show that should have been canceled 5 season ago.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, they're both better than watching Enterprise which is on right now.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
The running joke (in my nerd circles) is how every episode of Atlantis involves them getting trapped in one scene. Elevator, underwater, mine shaft, etc.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mostly like Atlantis because it's got more space scenes.

Really, I like Battlestar Galactica the best, however, I am always irked about how the only sufficiently advanced technology is narrowed only to the spaceships. The telephones have wires on them and there are no sliding doors.

Though to kick it up a notch and be more creative, I'd have the telephones just be holographic palm pilots and the doors would be a sort of liquid kind of deal -- the door won't slide open but will open by disappearing via a liquid kind of morph.

And, of course, I loved Farscape. Don't know if reruns are ever on anymore.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing I can't stand about Stargate SG-1 is the big dude with the marking on his forehead. He always scares me.

My favorite Stargate is actually, of course, the 1994 movie.

developer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like Atlantis, but I watch it only occasionly.

Uber, if you watch this more regularly, what type do you think is Dr. Weir ?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like Atlantis, but I watch it only occasionly.

Uber, if you watch this more regularly, what type do you think is Dr. Weir ?

Actually, I don't watch it regularly. I just happened to flip it on one day and started watching it. At the time, my mind felt empty and I needed inspiration to fill up the well. I tend to like it better because of its space battles -- and it's one of the few TV shows still on the air that has them.

I also love the battles in Battlestar Galactica, they were designed by the same company that worked on the effects for Firefly and Serenity, both of which I, of course, also enjoy.

Kite

MBTI Type
INFJ
I used to really dig SG-1, before I started feeling as if I'd seen these episodes before--but with better people and dialogue. I managed to cling half-heartedly until the whole Merlin plotline started, and then I had to dump it.

Atlantis was okay for me in the beginning, but it dropped off and FAST.

I fell asleep watching Battlestar. I was really disappointed after all my sci-fi friends hyped it so much. And Enterprise...? That is seriously the butthole of the Star Trek body of work. :wtf:

Now Firefly/Serenity, that's the good stuff.