• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dead Space 2

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know, I'm generally not a huge fan of survival/horror games. I mean, the only game that I have touched that comes close to Dead Space would be Resident Evil (1 and 3.) I saw someone playing Dead Space 2 and found it fun to the point that I might decide to play it myself (no matter how gory or freaky/gruesome it may be.)

How did I let such a series pass me by? Again, wasn't a big fan of the genre. Time for me to get Dead Space 1 (if it would at least... not be sold out) and 2.

"Strategic dismemberment." I got to hand it to the guy that came up with that. Two words that doesn't sound right together.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, though I've read it's only a nine hour game. Watching my friend play both of them has inspired me to buy the second and he's allowing to borrow the first. I really want to sit down in the dark and get to breaking these things apart. I love the similiarity of gameplay between Resident Evil and Dead Space, that's why I like the first a lot. I've only played the fourth and fifth of that series though.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
i've seen segments on Dead Space 2 on Electric Playground. i don't know why i watch that show as i own none of the latest gaming platforms, i'm just torturing myself. Unfortunatley for me, Dead space 2 looks really cool.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, though I've read it's only a nine hour game. Watching my friend play both of them has inspired me to buy the second and he's allowing to borrow the first. I really want to sit down in the dark and get to breaking these things apart. I love the similiarity of gameplay between Resident Evil and Dead Space, that's why I like the first a lot. I've only played the fourth and fifth of that series though.

Mmmm, the story is linear, which is a good thing.

I think the 9hr gameplay depends. I'm quite sure it may take me a bit longer since I don't play these types of games much, let alone playing them on the PS3 version. Playing the game in certain ways is also worthwhile. The guy I saw playing did not use much med packs from what I can tell. I'm quite sure there is a big difference between medium and hard (that guy barely had ammo most of the game.)

I noticed the gameplay is different enough from Resident Evil. Constantly flickering lights... mobs going everywhere (back then... you don't get jumping zombies until a certain point in RE1.) The story is similar though. Infection, research, infection.