• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stratastencil

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Javan Ivey

Very cool animation style based on paper cutouts. Evidently, each frame is an added layer on top. It's based on another similar style called stratacut, in which a layer is taken away with each frame. Supposedly, stratacut was used in Peter Gabriel's video Big Time, although I think it was interspersed with generous helpings of traditional claymation.

To me, the attention and precision involved in a project like this is mind-boggling. This is to say nothing of the talent. I can barely sketch a horrible kitty for my son.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
When I see stuff like this I used to get a punch in the stomach telling me I should/should have go/gone to art school and dove into to it. I have been interested in animation for a long time. But, when I watched that clip, I don't feel such a yank anymore! So I guess I don't care as much about silly dreams and desires! Wait...that's not a good thing. :boohoo:

Thanks for the share. ;)