• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Roller derby

Vote on a derby name!

• Total voters

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Death By Snu-Snu not getting enough love.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I kinda thought Pwn of Arc would get more votes too.

I do have kind of a soft spot for Quaker Undertaker since it sounds like a pro wrestler or monster truck.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Fun fact: the poll is really helping me identify the names I like best, because they're the ones I wish were getting more votes.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I had to look up the Snu Snu one, and Leeroy Jenkins, and I know lots of references and crap. So I figured maybe there would be a lot of people who'd be even more unaware of what your name meant. Though I guess you could be all, "the RIGHT people will get it." I liked Quaker Undertaker, but I feel like that's something that people don't know just by looking at you, unless you made the Quaker part clear in your choice of costuming. I liked Mary Poppinshins, too, but didn't vote for it, b/c I made myself not choose 47 of them. Pat Minotaur was fun, but I didn't know if it was derby-ish or just clever. I'm still not sure I get Butternut Squash or Madison Understatement. Anyhoozle.

Pwn of Arc is indeed awesome.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
hey,...I have several friends in NC who do this...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Butternut Squash was suggested by my daughter who loves to eat butternut squash and was like "hey mom, that could be your derby name, because you SQUASH people with your BUTT!" I don't think I'd pick it even if it won in the poll but I thought I'd throw it in there for completeness's sake

Madison Understatement = Mad is an understatement. It seems like perhaps not a clear enough pun.

Quaker Undertaker- in Greensboro, where the league is located, there's a Quaker private gradeschool and a Quaker college, both of which I attended. You're right that it wouldn't be clear from my appearance, but it'd be kind of a nod to the town as well.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Are they in Raleigh, Marm? This is a new league in Greensboro.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, they are in Raleigh.

Shiv'ya Plath, Mary Poppinshins, Pwn of Arc, and Tremenda Sass are all great.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Butternut Squash was suggested by my daughter who loves to eat butternut squash and was like "hey mom, that could be your derby name, because you SQUASH people with your BUTT!" I don't think I'd pick it even if it won in the poll but I thought I'd throw it in there for completeness's sake

Madison Understatement = Mad is an understatement. It seems like perhaps not a clear enough pun.

Quaker Undertaker- in Greensboro, where the league is located, there's a Quaker private gradeschool and a Quaker college, both of which I attended. You're right that it wouldn't be clear from my appearance, but it'd be kind of a nod to the town as well.

Ohhh, okay...if it's a Quaker town, then that might be pretty cool! Yeah, I'm ashamed to say that I thought Madison Understatement = That is an understatement, which was underwhelming. If I'd gotten the pun, I'd have liked it. :smile:

Hee, your daughter's comment was cute!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I have no idea what it is. I'm picturing Salute of the Jugger on wheels. With miniskirts. Please don't correct me if this is incorrect.