• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you stay for the end credits of the movie?

How often do you stay for the credits in a movie?

• Total voters

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yet another poll. The question is how often do you stay during the credits.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I only stay longer than needed so I dont get trampled by all the people trying to leave at once. So I usually see about the first 20 seconds of it so there will be enough room for me to leave comfortably, then im gone.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Mostly I watch at home and only watch them if I want to know something specific. Often that's the music and its so annoying that they're always last.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm mainly interested in it because of the special effects companies that worked on the film. But they're also usually near the end of the credits. They're actually normally the last of the major credits before the song and copyright credits.

And of course, we need to know that no animals were harmed during the making of the film.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I like watching credits to the end although I'm usually waiting for the soundtrack.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

And actually, sometimes that credit isn't listed. So I guess it's not always just an ad.

Also, there are sometimes scenes after the credits. This happens in a lot of John Hughes movies.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I guess FM and I are the main movie geeks thus far! (Although I can sense FM does it for more than just watching them! :D )

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
And actually, sometimes that credit isn't listed. So I guess it's not always just an ad.

Also, there are sometimes scenes after the credits. This happens in a lot of John Hughes movies.

Yeh, I had to pay for one again after a friend told me what I missed... why do they do that? I do like the out takes during credits and watch then.

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's interesting that when I used to live in New Jersey, nobody stayed for the credits. In Los Angeles, nearly half the audience stays.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's interesting that when I used to live in New Jersey, nobody stayed for the credits. In Los Angeles, nearly half the audience stays.

I'm guessing that those people either worked on a movie or know someone who works on a movie...or they're movie geeks like me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeh, I had to pay for one again after a friend told me what I missed... why do they do that? I do like the out takes during credits and watch then.

Usually scenes after the credits are comical and unimportant, as if they were part of an outtake that the filmmakers found funny. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, was one of the exceptions. It's post-credit scenes was pivotal to the story. The other two Pirates movies also had post-credit scenes, but they were mostly for humor.

Plus, they want you to remember their names.

Atomic Fiend

Only for summer blockbusters, and even then those last thirty seconds of teaser aren't really worth it.

Maybe I stay for the musical score...

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I leave mostly immediately. If I find out there was something I missed at, say, the end of the credits, I'll YouTube it. No need to spend $7-10 for some 20 second BS.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

My classmate in college lived in LA for a long time and said people in the audience practically got insulted if you got up before the credits.

I tend to stay through the end of the credits. Figure I'll get my money's worth and yes, see any extras they might have. And not have to deal with the crush of people exiting. Also, if I'm in a sappy mood, I'll look for the credits for jobs I could imagine myself in, like 2nd best boy and assistant to the assistant's assistant. :dry:

It can be interesting waiting till the end where to the "we'd like to thank" section, as it gives you insight into where and how the movie was made. Some actors can command their own hair and make-up people, some movies everyone gets whoever is working that day.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
There are only a few reasons as to why i would stay and watch credits
1. I really wanted to know who one of the actors were because they looked familiar and i couldn't identify them.
2. The movie was so good that i sit there with my jaw dropped and eyes wide open until the little sweepy guys come in.
3. I don't want to get trampled by people while trying to leave.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to stay all the time. Now that I have kids complaining (if I have taken them), I usually don't torture them unless there is something specifically I want to see.

Usually I would stay after (1) for the music or (2) to see the particular credits for things I enjoyed in the movie or (3) there is the expectation of some "easter egg" [i.e., animation, outtakes, something frivolous] if I stay.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't even stay in the theatre when the movie's over. I hope out the back exit. Places to go, people to see!

Not, but still.