• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pendulum (band)

JFrombaugh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone else on here heard of Pendulum? They're an electronic music band from Australia, and their songs are really catchy, if a bit on the energetic side.

They seem kind of like an INTP band to me.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you have some representative samples of their music to share?

I've never heard of them but it sounds like it's something I might like. I enjoy enegetic, electronic music.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Shimmy just posted some Pendulum stuff on the Dedicated to Electronic Music thread recently :). So why do you think they seem like an INTP band?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/arts-entertainment/36207-dedicated-electronic-music-18.html

I used to listen to Pendulum back in the day when they did Jungle, not sure what their sound is these days, its probably awesome though. :) Post some songs!

The new drummer is from Seattle <3 KJ Sawka, love him!!!!!!!!

[YOUTUBE="JKUpclHE8Ho"]KJ Sawka-Live Dnb on C89.5[/YOUTUBE]

JFrombaugh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Granite - my current favorite Pendulum song. The pounding drumbeat, the eerie lyrics, the intro reminiscent of Super Mario World's Castle music - amazing. I like the music video a lot too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQA1d0QQvf8

Lyrics:
You can hide your eyes, you can dim the lights, but they are watching.
This is a new time, with a different kind, they are the future.
The only one!

This is the final call for the setting sun when they get closer.
And with a fall from grace, thy will be done, the show is over.
It's a new dawn!

Just leave this place behind,
I will clear your bloodshot mind.
They only wanted your love on demand.
This is a better way!

They are standing by, no time to hide, no meeting half way.
You were sucking life through the needle's eye, this is a new day.
And they have won!

We will surrender now, or be outdone, left in the open.
It's the cooling of the risen, they are the future.
The future!

When all your fears combined, the manifest was refined.
I know you really tried to understand...
This is a new way!

It's a new day!...

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Shimmy just posted some Pendulum stuff on the Dedicated to Electronic Music thread recently :). So why do you think they seem like an INTP band?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/arts-entertainment/36207-dedicated-electronic-music-18.html

I used to listen to Pendulum back in the day when they did Jungle, not sure what their sound is these days, its probably awesome though. :) Post some songs!

The new drummer is from Seattle <3 KJ Sawka, love him!!!!!!!!

I'm not to big a fan of pendulum as a DnB artist, though I've seen them live and as a rockband they are kickass. I only posted one song of them actually 'remember me', the other songs are all remixes by other dj's. In fact, the song 'remember me' is their remix of a song somebody else made and they barely altered it.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not to big a fan of pendulum as a DnB artist, though I've seen them live and as a rockband they are kickass. I only posted one song of them actually 'remember me', the other songs are all remixes by other dj's. In fact, the song 'remember me' is their remix of a song somebody else made and they barely altered it.

Rock ey? Interesting. Their dnb was boarder line cheese I agree...but I liked that song "Seven", and "Tarantula" when it first came out :). Im gonna have to check out the new stuff.

To the OP what do you think is INTP about their band? Just wondering :).

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Rock ey? Interesting. Their dnb was boarder line cheese I agree...but I liked that song "Seven", and "Tarantula" when it first came out :). Im gonna have to check out the new stuff.

To the OP what do you think is INTP about their band? Just wondering :).

I listened to the new Pendulum essential mix just a day ago, and though it sounds just as much electro and rock as it does Drum 'n' Bass, there's no denying that those guys know how to mix.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has anyone else on here heard of Pendulum? They're an electronic music band from Australia, and their songs are really catchy, if a bit on the energetic side.

They seem kind of like an INTP band to me.

el hornet's a buddy. shall i inquire on your behalf?

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
paul just confirmed: he's an INTJ.

:)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really like Crush, Hold Your Colour, and Watercolour. I don't really know their types.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
OH MY GOD. This brings back memories. Back in high school I discovered their songs Granite and Hold Your Colour. They're the only ones I'd heard, and I forgot about them. Now I'm going to have to do a full playthrough, as I adore both songs.