• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

THE DANGEROUS BOOK FOR BOYS

shum

MBTI Type
enfp
http://www.dangerousbookforboys.com/

what do you guys think of this? should it have been directed to both sexes?

it reminds me of a boyscout book. i was so jealous of my brother when we were kids for being a boyscout. i wanted to learn to make fires and build shit but all i did in girlscouts was decorate cakes and sew. it sucked ass.

macjoven

MBTI Type
INFP
I concure with sundowning. It is important stuff to know, but the marketing assumes quite a bit.

Also I am an Eagle Scout. Boy Scout from second to twelf grade, and I do know alot of what they are talking about it in the book. Did you know that there are things called "Venture Crews" in Boy Scouts that are Co-ed? It might be too late for you Shum, but if you ever have a daughter look in to it. http://www.scouting.org/venturing/

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Nah. Girls don't have the bloodlust. As much.

Sorry, girls and boys are different. I think it's good to recognize that, and I think not recognizing that as much nowadays is part of why it's a good idea for a book. God forbid we let a 12 year old have a poket knife! He might OMG cut himself!

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Are we talking about the same book?
Yes?

I mean "girls do not have as much of a penchant for climbing things, punching each other as a 'hello,' knocking each other over, playing with knives and matches, and learning about people of old who climbed things, punched each other and played with knives and BIGGER matches."

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes?

I mean "girls do not have as much of a penchant for climbing things, punching each other as a 'hello,' knocking each other over, playing with knives and matches, and learning about people of old who climbed things, punched each other and played with knives and BIGGER matches."
That could well be true. My impression from the link was a book about making paper airplanes, tree-houses, go-carts, water-bombs. Ya know, all the stuff I like to do. :party2: