• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where can I find "The Man Who Loved Dickens"?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does anybody know where to find a (preferably online) copy of Evelyn Waugh´s short story "The Man Who Loved Dickens"? According to Wikipedia it was first published once in Hearst´s International in 1933. He reused it as a basis for the last chapter in A Handful Of Dust and I´ve been looking for the original short story for years. I own a copy of an anthology of crime stories that contains a German translation of what appears to be the original short story.
Apparently Stephen King read it and used it as an inspiration for Misery, so it must be around somewhere. Shouldn´t this be public domain and on Project Gutenberg or something of the sort?

Any imformation leading to the capture of the text will be rewarded with a (picture of a) chocolate cookie.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know there could be a billion things, I could be thinking of now but I am such a dick, you have squeezed my brain to one small thought I am no fixated on :D.

But good luck with ur search !!