• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

King vs. Queen of pop

Can Madonna be compared to Michael Jackson?

• No way! MJ was a talent we won't be seeing for years to come.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • MJ is nothing compared to Madonna. She's much more diverse and far more driven.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are the King and Queen of pop, no doubt.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I had an argument with my brother whether Michael Jackson was a musical genius without a comparison. I argued that even thought he was phenomal, Madonna is somewhat equal to him in terms of greatness.

So the question is not which one is better, but if Madonna draws comparison to MJ. I think it's a matter of opinion which one of them is better, but I think that they both are somewhat equal in terms of greatness.

KDude

MJ was pretty great in the Jackson 5 and into the 80's. I guess he could get all the credit in the world for that, but little he did afterwards stuck with me, personally. Madonna otoh could probably do it for as long as she wants.

I think Bowie is cooler than both though.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
IMO, Madonna is a marketing and image genius, but not so much a musical one. Her songs don't even really matter so much. You could really only compare her to MJ in terms of popularity.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i thought MJ was the queen of pop