• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

360 vs PS3

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I own both now. Wondering if people have a strong preference for one over the other, and how come? Games seem to load faster on 360.

KDude

I have both.. prefer the PS3. If anything, because the 1st party (sony developed exclusives) are better. Or at least, they are to me. If I buy cross platform games, I just get them for the playstation since I've had it longer, and would rather have trophies on there (not that I really keep track of that stuff on either system). I keep the 360 around for MS exclusives.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm. I don't own a PS3... yet! But I do own a 360. I like the games, but I want to branch out into a different realm, a more adult realm. Besides the orignal Playstation, 2 and 3 have felt more adult-ish. Plus there are games I'm dying to play. Uncharted, GoW 3, so many more!

G

Ginkgo

Hm. I don't own a PS3... yet! But I do own a 360. I like the games, but I want to branch out into a different realm, a more adult realm. Besides the orignal Playstation, 2 and 3 have felt more adult-ish. Plus there are games I'm dying to play. Uncharted, GoW 3, so many more!

Playstation does seem to have games for more mature audiences, doesn't it? I suppose, as far as maturity goes: PS3>XBOX360>Wii.

I like 360, but its main appeal seems to be its FPS games. The Halo and COD franchises were its flagship. Meanwhile, it seems that PS3 has a more diverse line of games, ranging from appraised RPGs like FF to adventure games like GoW 3. I'm afraid the only appeals for the Wii are its child friendly game buffet, its Wiimote and its sequels to other flagship franchises.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
PS3 and Wii is the winning combination if you have also have a PC, as most of the 360 exclusives are on the PC as well

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
own both but 360 ring of death. broke. never wanted to fix it. ps3 better. have the fat one.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've got one of the first 60GB PS3 models form when they first came out. Recently bought the new valhalla-chip halo reach edition 360. Ps3 died suddenly last month. All HDD data lost. All 1000+ hrs of it. 360 games do load faster. Both consoles seem to have exclusive games. new sony s370? stand alone blu-ray player outperforms my PS3 for blu-ray playback.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
There's no such thing as "360 games do load faster", it depends on each individual game and it is usually a case of there being a 3-5 second difference in favor of either of the consoles.

The 60gb PS3 models are known for dying, but not nearly to the same degree as any 360 model out there.
You can back-up most PS3 save games on a USB stick, i do it all time (just in case)
Comparing the PS3 to newer blu-ray players is not really valid, of course it is going to get outperformed and outclassed simply due to age of tech. You don't compare the DVD playback ability of a year 2000 PS2 with a dedicated DVD player made this year either.

If you have a somewhat decent gaming PC, it would be stupid to buy a 360 because of all the shared exclusives between them. If you don't have a PC, it depends on your preferences with exclusives. The 360 has a huge lineup of 3rd and 1st person action game exclusives, while the PS3 and Wii both feature a more diverse mixture of eastern and western developed games.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I prefer the PS3 over the 360. I don't care for FPS games, and I want a console that will last past it's warranty period. Overall I like the exclusives better on the PS3, and if I wanted to play a game like Mass Effect then I would play it on my PC. Although I'll have to add that I think the Wii is better than either the PS3 or the 360.

Playstation does seem to have games for more mature audiences, doesn't it? I suppose, as far as maturity goes: PS3>XBOX360>Wii.

As far as maturity goes it's more like Wii>PS3>XBOX360>Wii. Wii is the console for parents with a mortgage. It doesn't get more mature than that. :D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've got a PS3 and Wii. I guess I am certainly more loyal to sony than microsoft when it comes to the gaming consoles. My preferences lie on sony especially with many games it bears.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've got PS3. Funny, because I'd asked my brother a little earlier on which of the two is compatibly better - and he thought the 360 is specifically for the purpose of better war-related gameplay. The PS3, on the other hand, is abit more all-round compatible, except when you compare it's controller with that of the 360, where the PS3's does offer a good hand-on challenge, the 360's is simply designed for a more suitable war-related gameplay. Same with the graphics. So, ideally, the 360 is better (for me) as I'm totally into war-related games, and want that added compatibility. Any thing that could refine performance does for me. However, I think I'm gonna stick with the PS3. The fact that it's controller is a little harder than that of the 360 only makes it a little greater exercise, and I've gotten used to it, any way, more-or-less.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
360 blows. I've owned two, bought one in january 2008 and it red-ringed in november 2009 (and I'm not even a frequent gamer). Tore it open and jury-rigged it which made it last another month. Bought a used one which then lasted about 4-5 months (my stupid mistake). I know the hardware is more advanced but why the fuck is an original NES console out-living a 360? I don't know how they handled the 360 S or whatever it's called, but microsoft really went cheap on the way the 360s cooled themselves.

I'd buy another console or PC but I doubt I'd feel it was worth the money. I now have reduced all gaming activity to table-top RPGs and Happy Wheels, the best flash game on the internet, which I have played about everyday for the past 5 months or so.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hm.

PS3 - I think has better exclusive games, though those are few and far between honestly. The fact that it plays blue rays is give or take, I've never been all cockhard about HD this and that.. as long as it looks good I'm fine. The social network seems much smaller, but at least it's free.
Xbox - I think is more involved. The achievements system is made for the social circles of the network, which plenty of people are willing to pony up the money to use. It has a lot MORE things available to it, and a lot more to do, so I think if you're looking for versatility the xbox is the way to go. the kinect seems simple and its easy to use, and they have attachments for smaller spaces now, so there's the whole 'dont be lazy' gaming edge to it. I don't think the move for the PS3 is as inexpensive as the Xbox's kinect.