• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

POST songs you're embarrassed to admit you listen to

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
[YOUTUBE="sz2W3QfXnHc"]Hall And Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True[/YOUTUBE]

Actually maybe this doesn't embarrass me, on 37th listen... :thinking:

edit: look how dope the bass player yellow shirt bro is.

Yeah, I don't think Hall and Oates is embarrassing, Oates' mustache aside.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks 'llulah. I know I can get my 1980s guilty pleasures support from u. No matter how lame. Actually, it's the musicality and vocals and rhythm I like in YMMDCT. Good energy from the band too.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks 'lullah. I know I can get my 1980s guilty pleasures support by u. No matter how lame. Actually, it's the musicality and vocals and rhythm I like in YMMDCT. Good energy from the band too.

Umm...thaaanks? :smile: But yeah, I think the 80s (and it might be my age talking here) gets a cheese pass on the whole. It was kind of a whole decade of cheese on purpose and synth experimentation. Hall and Oates are pretty awesome musicians, though. Daryl Hall kinda nails the blue-eyed soul thing.

Heehee, I just remembered the Maneater video. Oh, 80s.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Umm...thaaanks? :smile: But yeah, I think the 80s (and it might be my age talking here) gets a cheese pass on the whole. It was kind of a whole decade of cheese on purpose and synth experimentation. Hall and Oates are pretty awesome musicians, though. Daryl Hall kinda nails the blue-eyed soul thing.

Heehee, I just remembered the Maneater video. Oh, 80s.

But in all that cheese, there was really some seriously good music happening, whether they gave into the cheese factor or not. And it all gets overlooked as the decade musical fluff.

edit: I guess Fleetwood Mac and Bowie broke through though.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My Dad used to sing this to me and I still love it.
[YOUTUBE="4sG6wZU1Rpo"]and the grass...[/YOUTUBE]
..that sounds kinda pervy, but it's not.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
zomgers!! Neil Diamond making a weed reference, I love it! The grass really doesn't pay no mind... He was busted for weed possession, also.

Your dad and I would get along, Salome. The time will be our time, and the grass won't pay no mind.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There were hints. From 'Affirmation':

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality.
I believe that trust is more important than monogamy.

I know. Megahintz. The biggest one being that I found him so ludicrously attractive.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
zomgers!! Neil Diamond making a weed reference, I love it! The grass really doesn't pay no mind... He was busted for weed possession, also.

Your dad and I would get along, Salome. The time will be our time, and the grass won't pay no mind.

LOL. I always thought it was about getting a different kind of grass stain.

F

figsfiggyfigs

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvXIJCHc944&feature=related"]:ninja:[/YOUTUBE]

I love singing a-long @ 0:56.... "babby iz monique, a real freak out of zone 3"...

:dont:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohh, my naive Salome child. You will remain innocent.

I certainly hope so...

The emo drips off this guy (literally), almost painful to watch, like a car crash, but damn, it's awesome.
Never get tired of it.

[YOUTUBE="za_6A0XnMyw"]ne me quite pas[/YOUTUBE]

Nicodemus

I finally found something:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4NfJL9w8E"]Muhammad was a Pedophile[/YOUTUBE]