• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LOST (spoilers probably)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^^^ No No No - unless the island was going to disappear in some post nuclear winter apocalypse... and if you love TY - I'm Being Stalked by Thom Yorke - I wish this person kept writing! :)

Although that's not my real theory (I can't release it just yet!) I just can't pass up the opportunity to point out the uncanny resemblance. :D Thanks for the link, that looks interesting...

Rohsiph

MBTI Type
lego
well . . . it's been four months since I've last logged in, and I'm watching a little later than air-time via dvr as my roommate is generally on the tv then--

and this week's twist has me searching out anywhere to voice my reaction: "What? No, really . . . wait . . . What?"

Ah, this is about the fifth time--in six episodes this season, right?--where I've just been thrilled with the entire hour.

Just as I thought the ambiguity of Ben vs Widmore was starting to clear up . . . I really love this show, and the only not-online friends I have who follow it are slooowly working through dvds of season 4.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
After Locke’s resurrection maybe it’s time to consider that his mother was telling the truth after all about him being immaculately conceived. You INTPs should be happy to have a guy like that in your camp.

At this point it looks like Ben is the greater evil, not Whidmore, though I think the jury’s still out on that.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tonight’s the big night, just a few hours to go. At last we’re getting to the true origin of Benjaman Linus. His previous backstory scenes obviously skipped over essential parts . The writers are too good to suggest that having an asshole father made Ben a sociopath, which he clearly wasn’t as a boy, when he’s actually sympathetic.

Ironic that Jack and Sayid actually created evil Ben Linus by trying to kill young (good) Ben. If they hadn’t meddled, Kate and Sawyer wouldn’t have taken the dying boy to Richard, and whatever Richard (or the Island? or Jacob?) does to save him that presumably changes him into evil Ben, would not have been done. The Lost creators are Stephen King fans, and you can see the Pet Sematary influence here.

The way Ben so knowingly called Sayid a born killer in that one scene makes it clear that Ben knew who he was all along, that he remembered. He knew all of them. Big Ben was ready when their plane crashed on the Island the first time. The paradox is that when they first met, Sayid and the others were part of big Ben’s past, giving him the advantage, while little Ben was still part of their future. The real reason (or so it appears before tonight’s episode) that Big Ben had to get Jack, Sayid and the others back on the island is to make sure the past happened the way it did. In a sense, he would not have existed if the boy hadn’t been shot, it would’ve been a different Ben Linus.

If you can’t wrap your head around all this, I’m sure Miles and Hurley will be happy to explain it to you.

Unique

All this time travel is so crazy, I'm amazed Ben got off from getting killed by the smoke :O and that temple is pretty creepy

for some reason it reminded me of stargate

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
I am actually surprised that none of the original survivors have yet to shove a gun to Ben linus head and pulled the trigger. That they allow him to f*** things over for them... again and again and again through manipulation and lies is beyond me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am actually surprised that none of the original survivors have yet to shove a gun to Ben linus head and pulled the trigger. That they allow him to f*** things over for them... again and again and again through manipulation and lies is beyond me.

The gun would've misfired, Ben still has stuff to do according to the Island!

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
The gun would've misfired, Ben still has stuff to do according to the Island!

Screw the island.. if Sayid could beat the shit out of him in the armament room.. he can damn well break his neck too. Ben linus is a special case.. remember.. he could have died as a kid, when sayid in a moment of impulse shoot him. Also after taking a beating.. he recovered slowly and inquired on why john locke regenerated faster then he did. I'd break his neck and burn the body.. that way, the freaking island would have no tissue to work from.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's the thing tho, He was supposed to get shot, so he would get to the others and to the temple.

It's like everything that happens on Lost is pre-determined by 'the island'. It's all leadfing to something. And no one really knows if the island is good or bad. :D

Unique

I think the island is good ... which I suspect after ben had to be "judged" by the island

Unless it let him off BECAUSE he is bad... but that would be weird

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think what the Island did for Locke would say that the Island is good indeed. Since Locke is like super-good.

But there's been indications that the Island is just using people for sacrifice too, which makes one wonder.

Ultimatly I don't think the island is good or bad, and it's the end result that will have to be descisive in if the island is justifiable or not.

It's the philosophical part of the show I really like though. :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My theory: the island is a piece of ancient alien technology.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
My theory is, is that the show and characters are too overly dramatized to be taken seriously and to suspend disbelief. It's like a soap opera.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree on most characters there, but some characters are just really well made.

Locke, Desmond, Hugo, Charlie and Daniel for example. (Why do they kill off good actors. :( )

But like, Jack and Kate, Juliette, etc. They're just badly written. Or bad actors. :p

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Juliette isn't badly acted, but she is most definatly badly written. As her character develops it's like each episode she is rewritten to fit the episode and it shows. It's like they've been playing yo-yo with her.

Regardless of that she's doing pretty well to mask that though but her character just feels unnatural to me, and it's like she is just a tool that can be altered to make some episodes work better. (Ie. she is written to fit the episode, rather then the episode is written to fit her.)

Just my opinion. :p