• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LOST (spoilers probably)

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
LOST!!

Anyone else excited for the 21st!? I know I am :D I can't wait to see where the island went!

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I know...three hours of insanity I don't know what i'm going to do when it goes off air :cry:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This season really does kick ass so far. I did NOT see the end reveal of the most recent episode coming. At all.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, it's awesome.

I have nothing more to add. :smile:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm really enjoying this season too... it almost feels like they're starting to bring things together and answering questions than just throwing new weird stuff into the storyline.

And Lateralus... I agree - although I was still sort of surprised to see the question answered when it was.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I knew the thing revealed at the end of tonight's show would eventually be revealed, just wasn't sure when.

Tonight, the those letters floated across the screen slightly out of focus, I did feel a sense of being lost, not in place, not even in time, but in existence. Couple this show with Life on Mars which follows it, and you've got some existence-questioning on your to-do list...

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Two things I’d recommend reading that were big influences on the Lost creators:

Days of Future Past by Chris Claremont and John Byrne. This X-Men comics episode - “The Uncanny X-Men” issues 141-142 – followed the Dark Phoenix saga in the 80s. It features an alternate timeline and time travel similar to what we’ve seen on Lost. I believe the collected volume is usually available at Border’s.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. Sawyer was actually reading this in one of the 1st season episodes. Amazing how the right books (not to mention all the other stuff they needed) fell out of that airplane. Among other things, this story features an entity called the The Black Thing that inspired the smoke monster.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Ben's loose end that he had to tie up (and got him bloodied)...I think I know what it is. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I think he killed Penny.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I just bought Days of Future Past in trade at comic con!

It is just as ridiculous as I remember.

Did anyone else notice that Hurley was reading Y: The Last Man in the last episode? Shameless plug, BKV!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like Lat's idea of what Ben was up to, but not sure if it actually went as planned.

Though that does give motivation to everyone's favorite "brotha"...

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Did anyone else notice that Hurley was reading Y: The Last Man in the last episode? Shameless plug, BKV!

Yes, it figures Hurley would be reading that, considering that Brian K. Vaughan is now one of the show's writers and producers. Plus what guy who can't get laid wouldn’t dream about being in that situation?

Last edited:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I like Lat's idea of what Ben was up to, but not sure if it actually went as planned.

Though that does give motivation to everyone's favorite "brotha"...
I don't think it went as planned, either. But it would still open the door to Des returning to the island.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think it went as planned, either. But it would still open the door to Des returning to the island.

Unless it shuts it. That would be the real twist. Desmond now exists outside of time, and all the others, every single one, that were alive (Aaron was not "alive" at the time of the crash) were there otherwise. So, this opens up a few possibilities. Faraday's mother said that the island wasn't done with him, so this is probably not the case though...

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also, here's my theory on Lost:

Ben-is-Thom.jpg

Coincidence? I think not... In the end it will be all a dream, but not the dream of anyone on the island, but instead the dream of Thom Yorke... :D