• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LOST (spoilers probably)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What's up with the guy that doesn't age, by the way?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Which guy? *can't remember*

There was the bit with Jacob (was that his name?) too, in the shack that Hugo almost went into. I don't know what to make of him.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sorry, not from the episode last night- I was just expecting to see him and get that kind of explained. Ben's right hand man, the one who met him in the jungle as a boy and helped him off the Dharma Initiative people. He was the same age then as he is now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, not from the episode last night- I was just expecting to see him and get that kind of explained. Ben's right hand man, the one who met him in the jungle as a boy and helped him off the Dharma Initiative people. He was the same age then as he is now.

I totally forgot about him! Isn't he the one who also visited Juliet and convinced her to come to the island?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I totally forgot about him! Isn't he the one who also visited Juliet and convinced her to come to the island?

Yes, that's the one. I read on the Lost entry at Wikipedia that he's supposedly 400 years old and indigenous to the island, but I don't know where that info came from because they haven't said it on the show. I don't really follow the whole Lost Experience and stuff like that, the puzzles seemed kind of dull when I checked them out. A lot of running your mouse over a photo until you see something you can click.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, that's the one. I read on the Lost entry at Wikipedia that he's supposedly 400 years old and indigenous to the island, but I don't know where that info came from because they haven't said it on the show.

I think I remember him telling Ben that they had been there first, they were the "natives," but that was about all I think he said that way.

I don't really follow the whole Lost Experience and stuff like that, the puzzles seemed kind of dull when I checked them out. A lot of running your mouse over a photo until you see something you can click.

I haven't really followed it either. The problem is that you really cannot puzzle a lot out just by studying "clues." In that way, the show is not as accessible as it could be; the writers don't seem to know many of the answers up front themselves, so the clues are all open-ended, suggestive but nothing that can be definitively puzzled out. You can experience it but not figure it out ahead of time easily.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I noticed that! It seems really strange. The other Others, including Ben, appear to age, but not that guy. If he has some kind of Locke-like connection with the island that keeps him from aging and the Others invest some kind of mystical authority in that (which they appear to), then it seems like a guy that doesn't age ought to be their leader.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Ahhh . . . I missed all those unanswered questions every week. And I like the new flashforward gimmick.

I wonder who the "6" are going to be. And why only 6? Let's see, we know 3 of them are Jack, Kate, and Hurley. And Kate said something like, "he'll be wondering where I am" when she met Jack at the airport in last season's finale... that could only be Sawyer, right? Plus there's a body in that casket and it's male . . . hmmmm . . .

Well, I'm hooked. So glad Lost is finally back.

Do you mean the guy who played Bat Manuel on "The Tick"? I know; I find it hard to believe that he's that much older than Ben. So either, the oldest members of the Others are ageless, or the writers were kinda sloppy in expecting us to buy that the BatManuel (I'll just call him Hottie from now on because that's what he is) is older.

But I'm wondering where he is too. I can't remember if the town the Others lived in was destroyed or abandonned... what happened to the rest of the Others?

Okay, I started to feel really lazy for not even looking the guy up, so I did. His name is Nestor Carbonell.

Here's a photo, just because he's so hot:

0000041782_20070731175221.jpg

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Am I the only one that can't think of Bernard as a good guy because he played a Wolfram and Hart bigwig on Angel? I don't have the same problem with Jin for some reason and I think he played a Wolfram and Hart guy, too.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Am I the only one that can't think of Bernard as a good guy because he played a Wolfram and Hart bigwig on Angel? I don't have the same problem with Jin for some reason and I think he played a Wolfram and Hart guy, too.

I caught the same connection... I think Lila ripped each of them new ones at separate times.

For me, enough time elapsed between Angel and Lost. I don't confuse the characters.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I caught the same connection... I think Lila ripped each of them new ones at separate times.

For me, enough time elapsed between Angel and Lost. I don't confuse the characters.
That's my problem, then. I'm still not all the way through Angel.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
This week's episode...

I'm disappointed they switched to flashbacks. Or at least that's what it seems like. Makes me doubt that the writing team has a good handle on the plot and story arch. I need to trust the writers... I've invested alot of time and attention in this show. I can see that they respect our intelligence, and they try their best to provide regular recaps to keep us all up to date.

But I'm worried that they're flying too much by the seat of their pants. In watching the recap of the first 3 season, I realized how tight and cohesive it was, given all of the consecutive threads they were trying to wrangle. So I expected the flashforwards to be a given for the entirety of Season 4, once they were introduced.

I'll just have to wait and watch to see if switching back and forth between techniques works out...

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm disappointed they switched to flashbacks. Or at least that's what it seems like. Makes me doubt that the writing team has a good handle on the plot and story arch. I need to trust the writers... I've invested alot of time and attention in this show.

I'll just have to wait and watch to see if switching back and forth between techniques works out...

I think that last night's show may have been an anomaly - it seemed far more about introducing the 4 new "Ben hunter" characters than truly advancing the story lines of the main characters. I wouldn't be surprised to see more flash-forwards in the future. Will have to wait and see though - I'm reserving judgment - as much as I enjoy this show at times, the writers have the tendency to jerk the audience around at times too.

Ojian

MBTI Type
INTP
From last nights episode, Sayid is the confirmed 4th of the Oceanic six. And it looks like Ben made it over too, though he wouldn't be included among the Oceanic six. Next week should give us another.

I'm really wondering who the person in the coffin is from Jack's flash-forward. I doubt it is one of the survivors, as Jack stated that person wasn't a friend, though it still was someone that seemed to have a pretty profound affect on him. Maybe it's Ben from a later future than Sayid's future. :shock:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I dunno. I need to re-watch it and not fall asleep this time. I still think they may be time traveling. I am not going to be happy if LOST turns out to be another Twin Peaks but if it does at least the eye candy is better. :yes:

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
So, this week's episode:

1. They are back to flashforwards again... what does it mean??!!
2. Naveen Andrews is HOT-HOT-HOT!!! OMfreakinG.
3. My guess on the Oceanic 6: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sawyer (Kate says in last season's finale flashforward "he'll be wondering where I am" or similar - that can only be Sawyer right?). That leaves the dead body. I don't think it's Ben or Locke. It might be someone we haven't been introduced to yet.
4. Did I mention - Sayid=hotness personified?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sayid is incredibly, incredibly sexay. This is true. However, I did laugh when the girl opened the door and he was in his tux with his hair all done up and flipped out, Gidget style. :D

However, I also think the skinny new scientist guy is pretty cute, so my tastes are clearly questionable.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
That seems like a definite possibility. Or maybe there's a broohahah during the rescue/escape from the island and Claire gets left behind with the majority of the crash survivors.

So now we know that the "he" waiting for Kate to return from her rendezvous with Jack at the airport is not Sawyer but Aaron. Hmmm...

Why are the "Six" saying there were only 8 survivors?