• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2012 NFL Uniforms

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Nike has gained rights to NFL uniforms for the 2012 season. Possible prototypes? It's yet to be confirmed. I don't even know the source of these images, but there are a number of threads on various forums, talking about it. Some of these looks pretty righteous, regardless. I particularly like the Jets one, and then the feathers on the helmet of the Chiefs is bad ass.

ae2fe998.png

20659623.jpg

59bd0668.png

XeFHq.jpg

63afdb10.png

f8b49b80.png

e69f624e.png

208d60bb.png

a3d843ef.png

861b2e2b.png

8b357de2.png

7e6f5624.png

078e1d0b.png

86095f56.png

f5cf3dcb.png

e6c2a1a4.png

96afff74.png

5c697ece.png

c2648fed.png

d357f26f.png

51345424.png

c73a9191.png

5fe01ed3.png

21a48adf.jpg

853f84c4.png

7fda19a3.png

1b0b44ca.png

035bc730.png

40590b6f.jpg

e26967d0.png

5a6aa230.png

739c5943.png

ef4e5256.png

b2de96fd.png

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ugh. I hope that Nike is just making the uniforms, not consulting on the design. They've done enough to crapify college football and basketball uniforms. What a bunch of eyesores these are. It shouldn't be a problem, because when Reebok took over they didn't change that much. But with Nike I'm always wary.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Are you being an ISTJ?

LOL. No, just a traditionalist. I kind of resent how a company that makes sneakers has so much power over the sports we enjoy. Especially when they wield it like a child with a sledgehammer.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, and just for curiosity's sake, I wonder if the artist who created these is a Browns fan. That's the only uniform that didn't change drastically.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i like the patriots' one (overt americana is kind of kitsch-cool). i would not want to be a dolphin - ew.

i have no idea about american football [twirls hair around finger]. beat, you're right - effem is being kinda ISTJ about the whole thing [hands him a paper bag to breathe into].

how about some shortie shorts and tanks like they wear in aussie rules football?

Chris-Judd.jpg

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like most of them - the 49ers and the dark blue/orange one (don't know the team) are my favourites. Some are just plain awful though.

But just a question about something I've never understood about American football: why on earth do they wear padding on their thighs? And are knee pads really that necessary?

I'm with strawberries on the shorts front (the sleeveless shirts are lame though :rolli:). I find it rather strange to see a bunch of macho men wearing tights.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like most of them - the 49ers and the dark blue/orange one (don't know the team) are my favourites. Some are just plain awful though.

But just a question about something I've never understood about American football: why on earth do they wear padding on their thighs? And are knee pads really that necessary?

I'm with strawberries on the shorts front (the sleeveless shirts are lame though :rolli:). I find it rather strange to see a bunch of macho men wearing tights.

The thigh pads are because blocking and tackling is often done at thigh level. So if someone is launching themselves at your thighs, they come in handy. A lot of players go without knee pads these days, but they're pretty useful if you get tackled and land on your knee, especially on artificial turf.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
The sleeveless shirts are for less gripping and holding. Its efficent, but I'm sure they wont sell to the audience/fans like that.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Those supposed Nike uniform sketches are*fake
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 19, 2010, 1:51 PM EST

So PFT has received a bunch of emails over the last couple of days from readers sending us pictures of supposed “concept sketches” of future NFL uniforms by Nike that leaked to the web.** The shoe company takes over as the league’s official supplier in 2012.

Darren Rovell of CNBC has confirmed the pictures are fakes, apparently made to trick fans and send them into a frenzy.* It basically worked.

I have to give credit here to Florio for quickly smelling a rat.* He didn’t want to post about them because he never bought they were real, even after the Ravens’ official blog wrote an article breaking them down.** (You can see all 32 fakes there.)* Bill Belichick was even asked about the supposed Patriots uniform on Friday.

“Is it Halloween?” Belichick said via Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald. * “Wasn’t that last month?”

More like April Fool’s Day, which should especially be a relief to Patriots and Steelers fans.* Man, those unis are ugly.

UPDATE: The NFL also confirmed the pictures were fakes.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Ahh, so in all likelihood there won't be any [durastic] changes to the uniforms.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I kind of liked some of the uniforms in those pictures. They look futuristic. I also am somewhat of a traditionalist - I don't like seeing big changes in the game. But, uniform colors aren't like changing rules - it's just an aesthetic thing.

For whoever asked about thigh and knee pads, I'd just add to EffEm's answer that the person/people tackling you also have helmets on that are rock solid (with facemasks protruding out of them) - those guys come at you full speed leading with their helmet sometimes - and sometimes a player will get sandwiched between two defending players (again, with helmets involved). I think I read somewhere that the average lifespan of an NFL player who played *at least 10 years* in the NFL (something like that), was something ridiculous like 57 years old. And the ones who live beyond that often have major issues physically. The pads help.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Nike is taking over the Sports Arena. Whats next, Sports Center? All those other giants, like Rebook and Adidas are really low on the totem pole now.