• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The NFL Thread

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Week 8.........

Cowboys continue to spiral downward
Farve is laid out; as he rolls off the field he looks like his career-dead
McNabb is benched for the 2 minute drill in favor of Rex Grossman?!?!?!?!
Oakland/KC/Tampa continue to dominate
The NFC 'Champion' will be based on luck, not skill.

DISCUSS.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Answering these backwards, because that's how I roll:

Agree on the NFC champ - there is no one team that I can pick out of that mess as a favorite. Every contender has flaws that can be exposed at any given time.

Oakland might actually be legit. I think they're a better all around team than KC and the way they're playing right now isn't a big shock to me. I predicted before the season that they could challenge for a playoff spot. It's taken their offense a little while longer to get on track than I'd thought, but right now I'd say they're better than KC and will beat them this coming Sunday.

The McNabb/Grossman thing was one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen made by a head coach, especially one as universally venerated as Shanahan. I suppose I could see a younger Josh McDaniels-type making that kind of move, but someone with Shanahan's experience should have known better. You don't take out your future Hall of Famer in the 4th quarter when the game is still winnable, especially not to replace him with the likes of Grossman. Yikes.

Favre - who cares.

Cowboys - Jerry is reaping the benefits of hiring a yes-man instead of a head coach.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Answering these backwards, because that's how I roll:

Agree on the NFC champ - there is no one team that I can pick out of that mess as a favorite. Every contender has flaws that can be exposed at any given time.

Oakland might actually be legit. I think they're a better all around team than KC and the way they're playing right now isn't a big shock to me. I predicted before the season that they could challenge for a playoff spot. It's taken their offense a little while longer to get on track than I'd thought, but right now I'd say they're better than KC and will beat them this coming Sunday.

The McNabb/Grossman thing was one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen made by a head coach, especially one as universally venerated as Shanahan. I suppose I could see a younger Josh McDaniels-type making that kind of move, but someone with Shanahan's experience should have known better. You don't take out your future Hall of Famer in the 4th quarter when the game is still winnable, especially not to replace him with the likes of Grossman. Yikes.

Favre - who cares.

Cowboys - Jerry is reaping the benefits of hiring a yes-man instead of a head coach.

Jerry is going to clean house this offseason. They are better off just losing the rest of this season. Wade Phillips is GONE, Jason Garret is GONE, and the Defensive guy as well. Being an Eagles fan it was fun to watch them flop all over the league, but with Romo out it's now pathetic.

I haven't been paying attention to Oakland this season. They got one of their 3 wins off Philly last season- I remember that well. That 59 point romp last week put them on the radar. 2 convincing wins shows that there might be more to this team than once thought. I agree, they seem to have the sustainability over KC. For some reason, I see them flopping towards season's end.

As far as the NFC- Giants are looking stronger each week, but it all depends on Eli taking his meds. The Saints will have their act together by the Playoffs. Tampa Bay- I'm on a wait and see basis. They have been impressive but I'm not convinced yet.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Week 8.........

Cowboys continue to spiral downward

The looks on the fans' faces in the Dallas crowd last night. Two people with towels over their faces...wow.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Randy Moss waived yesterday after his show of affection for his former employer.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
The looks on the fans' faces in the Dallas crowd last night. Two people with towels over their faces...wow.

How bout this:
DALLAS -- The crowd at Cowboys Stadium on Sunday was much smaller than usual, kept away by Dallas' lousy record (now 1-6), the bleak outlook without injured quarterback Tony Romo and the Jags not being much of a draw.

A shift in allegiance to the Texas Rangers in the World Series might have been a factor, too.

The mood was summed up by two fans holding a sign, which somehow made it onto the gigantic video boards: "Hurry up Cowboys, I have a Rangers game to go to."

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Jerry is going to clean house this offseason. They are better off just losing the rest of this season. Wade Phillips is GONE, Jason Garret is GONE, and the Defensive guy as well. Being an Eagles fan it was fun to watch them flop all over the league, but with Romo out it's now pathetic.

I haven't been paying attention to Oakland this season. They got one of their 3 wins off Philly last season- I remember that well. That 59 point romp last week put them on the radar. 2 convincing wins shows that there might be more to this team than once thought. I agree, they seem to have the sustainability over KC. For some reason, I see them flopping towards season's end.

As far as the NFC- Giants are looking stronger each week, but it all depends on Eli taking his meds. The Saints will have their act together by the Playoffs. Tampa Bay- I'm on a wait and see basis. They have been impressive but I'm not convinced yet.
Yeah, the Cowboys are playing for draft position at this point. I wonder who'll Jerry will go for next? I've heard Cowher's name thrown around. It's gonna be tough for anyone to win there as long as Jerry has his hooks in everything.

KC will be a very good team in a year or two. Right now they're still a little young and they have some missing pieces - particularly on the offensive line. Another draft like the one they had last year should vault them into serious contender status. I still think Cassell can get it done at QB if they protect him well enough.

The Giants and Eli are just too inconsistent for me to take them seriously (and I'm an Ole Miss fan, so I should have an Eli bias). I will say that the best move Coughlin has made in years is starting Bradshaw over Jacobs at RB. Their receivers are playing lights-out right now too. The Bucs are another one of those young teams who are playing a little over their heads right now. As the season wears on that'll probably self-correct, but watch out for them in a year or two. Josh Freeman is the real deal.

Last edited:

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Randy Moss waived yesterday after his show of affection for his former employer.

It'd be nuts if Moss cleared waivers and the Patriots picked him BACK up, essentially gaining a 3rd round pick from the Vikes for nothing.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
It'd be nuts if Moss cleared waivers and the Patriots picked him BACK up, essentially gaining a 3rd round pick from the Vikes for nothing.

That's what I was just thinking about.....that would be crazy.

Childress is doing all the wrong things right now. He really needs to just sit Farve down and try to salvage this season. They have what- 4/5 losses? They can still make the playoffs even win the division. I don't want to see farve out there in a boot and his jaw wired shut a la Kanye West trying to keep his playing streak alive. Put on some Wranglers and call it a wrap!

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's what I was just thinking about.....that would be crazy.

Childress is doing all the wrong things right now. He really needs to just sit Farve down and try to salvage this season. They have what- 4/5 losses? They can still make the playoffs even win the division. I don't want to see farve out there in a boot and his jaw wired shut a la Kanye West trying to keep his playing streak alive. Put on some Wranglers and call it a wrap!
I half expected Favre to retire last week, rather than put the Almighty Streak in jeopardy. Of course, he's probably not in a big hurry to get back home right now...

As for Chilly, if the Vikes' free fall continues he's probably out, too. He's proven to be completely inept without a healthy Favre to prop him up.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
How did Oakland deliver such a ruthless beating to Seattle?

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How did Oakland deliver such a ruthless beating to Seattle?

The Raiders have quietly accumulated some pretty decent talent which is starting to come together.

Also, just from seeing a few highlights, they got several lucky bounces to go their way which made it appear to be more of a beatdown.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think with 2 beatdowns in a row, Oakland has to be taken seriously at this point. You don't just romp your opponents in the NFL 2 weeks in a row like that unless you've got something good going on. Someone mentioned that they'll probably flop by the end of the season and I can totally see that happening. At this point, I expect Oakland to win their division and then probably an early exit from the playoffs. Next year, however, they could be a real threat. I see them as the type of team that needs to get beat in the playoffs, get hungry in the offseason, and come back stronger the following year. Let's face it though: sucky teams are not capable of putting a beatdown on someone 2 weeks in a row.

GossipGuy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Whoa, no replies since the end of last year? I can't believe I'm bumping this, lol!

Anyway, now that the lockout's finally over, I'm looking forward to the new season! Looks like the Raiders are gonna be screwed this year now that Asomugha's gone, though - can't believe the Eagles got both him AND Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to go along with Asante Samuel!

And I'd love to see how much Aaron Hernandez is gonna get to let Chad Ochocinco have number 85, too! XD

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Seattle lost Hasselbeck and took Tarvaris Jackson from the Vikings.

MBTI Type
INTJ
smallphiladelphiaeagles.jpg

That is all.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Im sitting in an airport across from Plaxico Burress right now. heh. Wonder if hes signing with steelers or giants.