• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The NFL Thread

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
smallphiladelphiaeagles.jpg

That is all.

:yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also known as The Sensor Thread :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh Sir Elfboy you're going to get your metaphorical ass reamed by all of the NTs who love football.

Just know.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Im sitting in an airport across from Plaxico Burress right now. heh. Wonder if hes signing with steelers or giants.

It's really who wanted him more than who he wanted more....He's a gamble. The Jets want to take that bet.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been out of the football loop for a while - I need to catch up on player movements and such. Any thoughts on the AFC West this year?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've been out of the football loop for a while - I need to catch up on player movements and such. Any thoughts on the AFC West this year?

The biggest news I've heard out of that division is who will lead the Broncos- Tebow or Kyle Orton....
I think Raiders made some moves as well.

But I haven't heard anything out of San Diego and KC. Not that they haven't, just nothing to Note.

Seems like Philly is the place to be if you are a free agent. Sounds like they want to be a SERIOUS contender this year. This will shut up a lot of haters. Like really shut them up.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems like Philly is the place to be if you are a free agent. Sounds like they want to be a SERIOUS contender this year. This will shut up a lot of haters. Like really shut them up.

This will go well, or be a trainwreck.

I'm hoping for trainwreck, much like with the Miami Heat.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

This will go well, or be a trainwreck.

I'm hoping for trainwreck, much like with the Miami Heat.

Exactly. If it goes well, it could go really well. But, if it doesn't go well, there will be a lot of criticism. Teams in any sport often look good on paper, but they still have to get it done out on the field. A lot of variables go into a successful team - internal chemistry, staying healthy, bad breaks (losing a few REALLY close games can hurt), etc. It'll be interesting to see how it goes though - they've definitely taken the right steps to put a good team on the field.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Message board chatter and fan sentiment seems to be comparing the Eagles to both the Redskins and the Heat. It seems to me that the Eagles already had a good team and have added some free agents at key positions of weakness, which isn't the same as Dan Snyder overpaying the biggest free agent name to take a stab at relevance. And what everyone hated about the Heat was the conspiratorial nature of the idea, the notion that a couple of superstar friends were gaming the system. I don't see that with the Eagles either...they targeted weaknesses and courted free agents who would fill them. A history of cap sanity paid off.

I am certainly not claiming they'll win the Super Bowl, especially after being a bridesmaid for ten years. But it utterly vexes and puzzles me that a good portion of the NFL fanbase seems to feel like adding good players to your team is hubris instead of, you know, trying to get better. God forbid a team try to improve.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am certainly not claiming they'll win the Super Bowl, especially after being a bridesmaid for ten years. But it utterly vexes and puzzles me that a good portion of the NFL fanbase seems to feel like adding good players to your team is hubris instead of, you know, trying to get better. God forbid a team try to improve.

I commend them for trying to improve. They've done well in that regard. Now they've got key pieces in place; all that's left to do is work hard, try to stay healthy, work towards good chemistry, and let the chips fall where they may. Many very good teams in every sport have been unable to "get over the hump" and win a championship, despite all their efforts to do just that. All you can do is put together a good team and hope it works out. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

What you're seeing from fans is probably jealousy. If their team doesn't do well in the offseason and they see another team doing REALLY well, they get a little irked/jealous. "Why isn't my team doing that?!" Or for smaller market teams (mainly baseball/basketball), "I wish my team could spend that kind of money to get a really good team!"

I'm sort of a hypocrite in that, being from L.A., I'm a Laker fan and I love it when they beef up their team with the likes of Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, etc. But, when I see the N.Y. Yankees or the Miami Heat do it, I get pissed. :D It's just my "fan bias".