• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month, November 2010

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to do this, but I'm not sure I have the time :(

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Yep, I'm in. :D I don't know if I'm going to hit 50k words this time, but I'm going to write. :D

Huzzah! Welcome sui generis. :)

I want to do this, but I'm not sure I have the time :(

The verdict? In? :)

-----

I am starting to get nervous, tomorrow is the day to begin. I've only written poetry and short stories, so this is a whole new world to me.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huzzah! Welcome sui generis. :)

The verdict? In? :)

-----

I am starting to get nervous, tomorrow is the day to begin. I've only written poetry and short stories, so this is a whole new world to me.

It's now or never, this novel is gonna suck. I'm giving myself 3 days to get a plot. :cheese:

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Going to a "Countdown to Midnight" write-in tonight. Write-ins are awesome. :yay:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I attempted this last year, without ever having attempted writing more than a few assigned short stories, and a lot of free-flow poetry by my own will. It was a challenge mainly because I love my novel plot too much to bullshit it, so I got about 22k words in before ceasing to preserve it. It's definitely a fun thing, can cause awesome connections and inspiration, and is worth it if you can make the time. I seriously thought I wouldn't cohesively get past 2,000 words. Despite not finishing, it was still a huge triumph.

- I do miss the write-ins :tongue:. Myself and another Nano-er organized a few in my portion of Jersey. It was great writing amidst others, swapping our very different ideas, and just putting ourselves out there. Go to them if they are in your area!

Good luck all of you Nano-ers!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
First day, 1212 words! And the NaNo website crashed.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
OMG, WTF?! I see people who nearly have 8000 words on the first day. Jesus Christ, get a life!

Edit: 1481 words ATM

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've got half a plot. :cry: But I didn't know I was doing this till yesterday evening.

:D Keep it up, you'll be on your third draft by the end of the month.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
i'm thinking about writing of a bunch of men just working hard in coal mine
then as sweat drips from muscles and workin hard
they develop a relationship

from coworkers 2 lovers.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got a serious head start at the late-night write in last night, and I left at 3 AM with ~3000 words under my belt. I've been hammering at it tonight, and will probably hit 7000 tonight. :shock:

OMG, WTF?! I see people who nearly have 8000 words on the first day. Jesus Christ, get a life!
Yeah, because bitching about how other people are so far ahead of you is more of "a life" than actually making progress. :rolli:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
536 words, and only a partial plot figured out. Well, it's probably getting pretty damned close to being more than I've ever wrote outside of a school paper. Low hanging goals :cheese:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I got a serious head start at the late-night write in last night, and I left at 3 AM with ~3000 words under my belt. I've been hammering at it tonight, and will probably hit 7000 tonight. :shock:

Yeah, because bitching about how other people are so far ahead of you is more of "a life" than actually making progress. :rolli:

Not like I have a life. :biggrin: I wrote my 1481 words in two hours, and sometimes I spend eight hours a day writing.

But still, 8000 words??? That's nearly 11 hours! Those people will be ready by the end of the week! And what then?

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not like I have a life. :biggrin: I wrote my 1481 words in two hours, and sometimes I spend eight hours a day writing.

But still, 8000 words??? That's nearly 11 hours! Those people will be ready by the end of the week! And what then?

I think that different people write at different paces (my ~7000 words have come out in ~6-8 hours, depending on whether I count just "actual time writing" or "time spent 'multitasking' on the internet") but also that that pace isn't uniform. There's no way in hell I'll be able to keep up this level of writing like mad, and sometimes you get to places where you're just like, ".... :huh: what now?"

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't multitask. I think a lot while writing and I fix everything four, five times. Remove things, add things, etc etc etc.

Haven't written today.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, I guess Canada won in the sense that they ended up the more powerful one. However, there wasn't a war between those two. The territory was sold. Also, Quebec and Alberta seceded and BC got taken over by Pacifica, so at that point Canada is a very different shape than it was before. I guess that's better off than what happened to the US, which plain doesn't exist anymore, though.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
i'm thinking about writing of a bunch of men just working hard in coal mine
then as sweat drips from muscles and workin hard
they develop a relationship

from coworkers 2 lovers.

Sounds hot.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm at 5,000 Words! WHOOO!

Also, my Main Character has been added to a terrorist watch list. Oopsie.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I got about 8k words last year and I really want to do it this year but I haven't started. I can probably catch up because I'm home but it's still pretty daunting. I had a cool story going last year, hit a snag and couldn't get going any farther.