• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World War II

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen a ton of movies about World War II, if you want I can tell you a few. If you're interested in movies.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Willem Frederik Hermans - De Donkere Kamer van Damokles (the darkroom of Damokles). It's one of Holland's most famous works of literature, and it's a seriously trippy story. I'm not sure if it was ever translated to other languages though.

Other than that, Joseph Heller's 'Catch-22' is quite simply briliant as well. It has a dark sense of humor I think is fitting for a book about the period we are most ashamed of in Western Europe.

KDude

The Young Lions (and the Brando/Montgomery Clift movie as well.. although the author supposedly hated it). Written in 1949. I would equate it to Deerhunter or Apocalypse Now in a way, since those were made soon after the Vietnam war ended, and yet already touched on all of the grim points about that war. The Young Lions wasn't very typical in it's portrayal of who was right, who was heroic, etc.. There weren't many stories at the time willing to portray a Nazi officer with a conscience and disillusionment. It also isn't afraid to show the hypocrisy of the US, where it follows one Jewish draftee who gets treated like dirt by his fellow soldiers.