• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WoW: rogue imba since new patch ?

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Several DPS classes are borked - in fact Blizz posted today on the official forums that they are implementing some re-balancing metrics into the system via hotfixes.

Either way - dominating a BG in that manner is pretty impressive. :hifive:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
You know they pretty much buffed every class, right? Most classes are seeing bigger numbers, be it DPS or heals. Hunters seem to be the only ones who got screwed.

I never liked my 80 rogue. I transferred it to my boyfriend's account. My 80 shaman and 80 Priest's heals have been drastically buffed though. My 80 warlock isn't in very good gear, but it certainly got buffed. I'm not super happy with the tanking changes to my 80 Feral Druid, but I think I just need time to adjust and learn. I haven't gotten a chance to play my 80 Hunter much, but in last nights raid all of our hunters were doing much more poorly than before.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
From what I've read (although I've barely played since the patch), warrior, cat druid and ret pally DPS was way down after the first pass, while the caster classes were off-the-scale imbalanced. I haven't seen anything about hunters although they seemed OK in the last Beta build I played.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
The problem here is that the new set-up of talents aand stats is intended to be balanced for max level 85 characters.

It's going to be another month and a half before we're going to be able to even start making the slow climb towards the new level cap, so everything is going to be out of synch until then.

I'm surprised they launched it this early before release, to be honest.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The did the same thing before Wrath, though the timing of the pre-expansion patch was a good bit closer to release (approximately 1 month prior versus nearly 2 months in this case). The big problem right now with classes being underpowered is the fact that Mastery hasn't yet been implemented, and won't be until Cata when we start getting post-80 gear.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
They're waiting longer to release Cataclysm because they were trying to stagger it with the release of Starcraft II.

You know what I'm honestly disappointed about? A long time ago, they said that the LAST expansion they would release would be The Emerald Dream. I'm a lore nerd, and since there has been such mystery surrounding what exactly has been going on inside of the emerald dream, I have been looking forward to the day that they continue that storyline.

Then I see in the blue post that Malfurion Stormrage is going to be a quest-giver in Darkshore. What the fuck? Malfurion Stormrage has been inside the Emerald Dream for years battling the corruption. All of a sudden he's out chilling in Auberdine? I have the sneaking suspicion that, like they have with most other lore, Blizzard just shit on the Emerald Dream storyline and abandoned it.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Then I see in the blue post that Malfurion Stormrage is going to be a quest-giver in Darkshore.
Whaa?? I guess I haven't kept up closely enough with Cata specifics to notice this. Does this have something to do with that latest shitty Richard Knaak novel? I haven't read it, but I know it's shitty because Richard Knaak wrote it.

I do remember reading a while back though that the devs had pretty much shelved the Emerald Dream expansion idea. It would seem to be a natural fit for an expansion, especially considering they've had no less than four ED portals sitting there gathering dust since vanilla. Too bad. I'm not sure where else they can go with another expansion.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Still trying to get my account unbanned.

Then looking forward to pissing everyone off with my Fire Mage in BGs :cheese:

IMO the stat revamp has been due for a long time. Caster vs Melee scaling issues were always wonky in terms of gear.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The problem here is that the new set-up of talents aand stats is intended to be balanced for max level 85 characters.

It's going to be another month and a half before we're going to be able to even start making the slow climb towards the new level cap, so everything is going to be out of synch until then.

I'm surprised they launched it this early before release, to be honest.

Yes that's what I think too. I thought after the new patch I am gonna re-skill from combat to subtlety just for fun and suddenly killed npcs in one strike from stealth with 3k damage at level 49. I am using dagger and sword from the warsong honor points dealer. Played warsong and arathi 6 times now always scored 1st lol. Could stay that way :D

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
From a Q and A with Ghostcrawler about the new Darkshore come Cata.

Q. Without giving up any spoilers, what's the general storyline for this zone?

A. Darkshore has suffered immensely from the massive seismic ripples of the Cataclysm. The night elves are in survival mode, helping refugees and, wherever they can, fending off the advances of the Twilight's Hammer cult, the naga, and the Shatterspear trolls. Meanwhile, Malfurion Stormrage, recently returned from the Emerald Dream, has traveled to the epicenter of the destruction and called upon the ancient powers of Cenarius to contain it.

Q. What do you think is the most exciting new addition to the zone?

A. Without a doubt, the most exciting addition to Darkshore is the gigantic vortex in the center of the zone, where the devastating forces of the Cataclysm are being pit against the primal power of Malfurion Stormrage. Our amazing artists and level designers made us an epic energy vortex to serve as a visual centerpiece for the destruction, and it looks phenomenal.

Q. What goes into redesigning a zone like this?

A. Redesigning Darkshore required much more work than we originally anticipated. This was one of the first zones we tackled that centered on the effects of the Cataclysm, so we started out with the modest goal of adding a few themed quests and improving the general flow of the zone. As we piled on the visual changes, though, we soon discovered that a lot more manpower was needed to generate content that correctly reflected Darkshore's new landscape and lore.

Q. What was the most challenging aspect about implementing these changes?

A. At first we thought that we would be able to work with the majority of the original quests in Darkshore, but most of them just didn't make sense when viewed in the context of the zone's new storyline and direction. For example, chasing after corrupted wildlife and investigating washed-up threshers would seem out of place when everything around you is being ravaged by natural disasters, elementals, naga... and worse. Reaching the realization that we would basically have to scrap all of the old content and start from scratch -- and then actually bringing that plan to fruition -- was probably the hardest part of the process.

Q. What should players do or go see first?

A. Players should start in the town of Lor'danel and then play through the quest series naturally, slowly heading south. Higher-level players (levels 15 and up) may want to skip ahead and meet up with Malfurion Stormrage at the center of the zone, but Darkshore feels best if you experience the entire storyline from the beginning, as intended.

*sigh*

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
What the hell does IMBA mean? That you beat them without question and that they had no chance?

I have a rogue level 76 and I don't really understand why everyone's complaining about lower dps. That isn't the case with him. For some reason my hit went up. Maybe they made each point of hit worth more or something. I went from 10 percent to 16 percent with the same gear. I'd say I feel more powerful than ever doing randoms and my dps has improved marginally. It's sucks that I'm going to have to learn to play my character differently come 80. Apparently Assassination is better for raiding now. I'm gonna miss Adrenaline Rush and the CD where you attack multiple targets "from the shadows".

Other than that, I have a tank and dps pally and while the new changes are fun, I just don't know what to do with him. Maybe I'll read up on elitist jerks (they probably have people that have been rocking the beta for months.) People say that prot pallies can't handle multiple targets as well as they could and I just don't understand how that could be possible given that we have a proc that gives us a free avenger's shield, that seems to come up all the time. This is my main and it's annoying to say the least.

I'm actually kind of thinking that I just want to try a new class and start from scratch, so that I'm not tainted from memories of old. :( sadness

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Earthquake is, as my daughter would say, full of win. :D

Kanamori

Yeah... but my ret pally went from doing 6k+ on the dummies in orgrimmar to 3.5k :( I haven't tried it since the hotfix though.

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do you wear tier rosa on your paladin too ? :D

paladintier5MLPVersion.jpg

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What the hell does IMBA mean?
IMBA is Wowspeak for "Imbalanced." It refers to a situation where one class's abilities have been tweaked to a point where it creates an unfair advantage, primarily in PVP since that's the area where class balance gets the most attention.

Other than that, I have a tank and dps pally and while the new changes are fun, I just don't know what to do with him. Maybe I'll read up on elitist jerks (they probably have people that have been rocking the beta for months.) People say that prot pallies can't handle multiple targets as well as they could and I just don't understand how that could be possible given that we have a proc that gives us a free avenger's shield, that seems to come up all the time. This is my main and it's annoying to say the least.
I've played more on my prot pally than any of my other characters, so the 4.0.1 changes have been a huge adjustment for me. The biggest problem with multiple target tanking as a pally right now is that Consecration has been changed to a 30 second cooldown, so it's no longer a way to spam AOE threat. Add to that the fact that abilities like Avenger's Shield and Hammer of the Righteous don't hit nearly as hard as they did before the patch, although the shortened cooldown of AS is nice. Just from tinkering around a little with my prot pally, he seems to be doing about 10-15% less damage per rotation and therefore has more difficulty holding threat, especially against multiple targets. This is by design, as Blizzard has made a conscious effort to reduce reliance on gathering up packs of mobs and nuking them down, as has been the norm throughout WoLK. Crowd Control abilities will again have relevance, meaning that patience and strategy will be needed for most successful group PVE experiences.

On a side note, the new prot pally ability Judgments of the Wise (I think that's what it's called) is stupidly, ridiculously overpowered right now. Every time you cast Judgment you get 30% of your base mana over 10 seconds! There's literally no way you can ever run out of mana as long as you cast Judgment in a rotation.

I'm actually kind of thinking that I just want to try a new class and start from scratch, so that I'm not tainted from memories of old. :( sadness
I'm about 75-80% sure that the Goblin shaman I'm rolling once Cata hits will end up becoming my new main. Played one into the 40s in the beta and had a freaking blast.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I made a new account, rolled an Orc rogue (who is almost 30 at the moment) and a Night Elf druid (who is 50) on different servers using RAF. I really like the Rogue changes, they're a lot of fun to play!

Mages seem to be the most ridiculous imo. They had to hotfix mages.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I've played more on my prot pally than any of my other characters, so the 4.0.1 changes have been a huge adjustment for me. The biggest problem with multiple target tanking as a pally right now is that Consecration has been changed to a 30 second cooldown, so it's no longer a way to spam AOE threat. Add to that the fact that abilities like Avenger's Shield and Hammer of the Righteous don't hit nearly as hard as they did before the patch, although the shortened cooldown of AS is nice. Just from tinkering around a little with my prot pally, he seems to be doing about 10-15% less damage per rotation and therefore has more difficulty holding threat, especially against multiple targets. This is by design, as Blizzard has made a conscious effort to reduce reliance on gathering up packs of mobs and nuking them down, as has been the norm throughout WoLK. Crowd Control abilities will again have relevance, meaning that patience and strategy will be needed for most successful group PVE experiences.

Thanks. I have a friend who's playing crazily different from me now that 4.0.1 hit. We have very similar gear but he's using Word of Glory and all of it's associated talents to give healers a break. In randoms he has the healer go dps and he alone heals himself. It's pretty crazy! There's one talent that gives 60% bonus healing when used on yourself and another that makes it so there's a 30% chance that WoG won't consume any Holy Power, leaving you open to hit another or a Shield of Righteousness for added damage.

Speaking of that, there's a talent called Vengeance gives 5% of damage taken, whenever damage is taken, as attack power up to ten percent of your total health (even if buffed.) He hit a boss in ICC for 44k damage with Shield of Righteousness and 3 Holy Power. That's so ridiculous!

(Also, I think it's cool that it says 'Ehre' in Entropy's pic. That's obviously Honor, which you could tell if you played any good amount of PVP. I know because the Common Germanic word for Honor is 'Aizo:'. In the North and West Germanic languages, 'z' became 'r' in almost all instances (not word finally, where it was devoiced, in West Germanic.) Also, the diphthong 'ai' became 'e(h)' in German in the presence of certain alveolar consonants. And finally, long vowels became short ones in Old German, word finally, which then merged to 'e', pronounced like the 'a' in 'sofa'. I nerdy :p)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
In case you missed it, the fixed resilience because they found that damage was too high in pvp. They intended those changes to be for level 85 health pools. at 80 and lower people just dont have the health to handle no resilience. theyll probably remove it at 85.