• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dedicated to Electronic Music

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="WON85_zdl7M"]The Thrillseekers - Savanna (Original Mix) [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Ewj-dWDMFa4"]George Acosta Feat. Fisher - Beautiful (Original Mix) [/YOUTUBE]
Exception to the vocals... I actually think it works in this case.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="-4v6tlcnvSw"]Thievery Corporation - Shadows of Ourselves[/youtube]

[youtube="ipRNU0M1RUo"]Tina Arena - Soulmate Number 9[/youtube]

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

these songs bring so much memories when i was starting to smoke weed and was like 16. or not so much memories, but good ones :D

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="Lk3lQRmIkoM"]2 Brothers on the 4th Floor - Dreams[/youtube]

[youtube="MHoO6Ui8E7M"]Infernal - Electric Light[/youtube]

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I guess I wonder what the subjective appeal is. To me it seems very dissonant, even cacophonous. What are the parts about dubstep that appeal to you?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="4URPzPRGzMM"]Mike Van Fabio - Farewell ( AIROSOURCE Mix )[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="WSXXdylZvpU"]Solex - Victim Of Love (Original Mix)[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="kzkeJsRPGl8"]Dimension pres. Oceano - Cabo del mar (Original mix) [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="5CWgHGawkWE"]Tasadi & Nhato - Time Ticks Away (Original Mix) [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="AJxLUpSdsUk"]Wonderful Feeling - Beyond The Truth (Original Mix)[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="8wlMw-W6iUw"]Audien - Eleven Eleven (Original Mix) [/YOUTUBE]

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="yPdb7BOSdGQ"]Oh Land - Still Here[/youtube]

[youtube="DZVjL2J2c4o"]Nunca - Moving Train[/youtube]

[youtube="mW7EV33kRJA"]Fiori - If I[/youtube]

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess I wonder what the subjective appeal is. To me it seems very dissonant, even cacophonous. What are the parts about dubstep that appeal to you?

Not all of it sounds like that :). There are tons of different styles of dubstep! Some of it can be quite pretty :). But I totally know what your saying! I happen to like some of the dark stuff, but not all of it or too much of it in one sitting. I really like a lot of the stuff that has swagger to it, reminds me dirty south hip hop, alien sounding stuff is appealing to me too-the not to noisy stuff, I also like the chill heady tunes that have more of a reggae dub influence to it. Gotta love basslines <3 !!!!!

Peep out this song, its lovely:

[youtube="lh4brL7PC2E"]Phaeleh-Afterglow[/youtube]

Tantive

MBTI Type
INFP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTwSe3JE6s"]Mirrors Edge Full Menu Theme[/YOUTUBE]

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Not all of it sounds like that :). There are tons of different styles of dubstep! Some of it can be quite pretty :). But I totally know what your saying! I happen to like some of the dark stuff, but not all of it or too much of it in one sitting. I really like a lot of the stuff that has swagger to it, reminds me dirty south hip hop, alien sounding stuff is appealing to me too-the not to noisy stuff, I also like the chill heady tunes that have more of a reggae dub influence to it. Gotta love basslines <3 !!!!!

I hear ya. I guess it comes down to my theory of music and art. Basically, in the 200,000 years that humans have made music, among all the different cultures and peoples who have lived, we've generally figured out everything that sounds good, musically. It's sort of like mathematics - you never really discover anything new, as much as you realize that one relationship implies another relationship.

What makes a great musician, then, isn't that she presents something totally new to you - something that's totally new just wouldn't sound good. Instead, it's that she gives you something that's familiar, and makes it seem new all over again to you. To me, that's what separates great art from that which is simply pleasing.

That's what often turns me off from the spacey stuff - they often seem like they're trying to sound weird for the sake of it, rather than use that new capability to make the old fresh once more.

Peep out this song, its lovely:

[youtube="lh4brL7PC2E"]Phaeleh-Afterglow[/youtube]

That is quite nice.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[youtube="43FXv5QFaBo"]a side of bass w/my mayhem and impulse pls[/youtube]

saw these guys on friday. excellent if you're in an altered state of mind. alienating if you're thinking about market valuations.
[youtube="TymVO6qYtkk"]comfortably crunk[/youtube]

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I've been listening to the latest Pendulum album a bit recently and this track struck me as particularly nice:

[YOUTUBE="BeOJDgAu4LE"]Pendulum - Set me on fire[/YOUTUBE]

The rest of the album is okay, but I think this is the best song.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="lp_PIjc2ga4"]Zlad- Elektronik Supersonik[/YOUTUBE]

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Paean To West Coast House

W Coast house. funky. tribal. hippie. luuurvey lyrics.

bit of history here.
[youtube="lWtsID0Qzxs"]crank this up & wish you were on the Best Coast too[/youtube]
[youtube="fxDTw1AXDHo"]fuck dubstep. this is HOUSE.[/youtube]
[youtube="9zGOZgYj1Jw"]no shame in doc's game[/youtube]
[youtube="sx8UV9uF5AY"]sigh.[/youtube]
[youtube="1YiusUtyo3Y"]we know our disco roots[/youtube]
[youtube="vfFiyATyCWs"]back when house was house[/youtube]
[youtube="zhFmGYIUHzA"]RAIN![/youtube]
[youtube="Yqe4xXX3W9k"]tribal acid booty shaker[/youtube]
[youtube="w5ZmhJOHXlA"]househeads should member this one (or not, heh)[/youtube]
[youtube="QyGYYxVusM0"]then the brits invaded & added acid[/youtube]
[youtube="X9rfNtEnL2U"]we met @ the End Up [/youtube]
[youtube="2TebBwx1Pbo"]tribal goodness[/youtube]
[youtube="cKxbf_lFiYw"]Simon nearly binned this. then Positiva picked it up[/youtube]
[youtube="3HOb4VnkA7Y"]this is house[/youtube]
[youtube="qNOTD2aRWLI"]back when producers weren't afraid to play[/youtube]
[youtube="Mca9aRJW1mM"]we used to dance[/youtube]
[youtube="i7DhRDDzQaI"]deep soulful funky[/youtube]
narrative set rather oddly to early house vibe. Yay Area peeps will crack up.
[youtube="wpukGpki34w"]funk it. corny but nice n bassy[/youtube]

Permabanned
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwI0gbGEyuI"]:headphne:[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4RnLUnFafs&feature=channel_video_title"]:headphne:[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttcwcaALXZw"]:headphne:[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgcolBv-dVo&NR=1"]:headphne:[/YOUTUBE]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ac1yB4wFGM"].[/YOUTUBE]

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hear ya. I guess it comes down to my theory of music and art. Basically, in the 200,000 years that humans have made music, among all the different cultures and peoples who have lived, we've generally figured out everything that sounds good, musically. It's sort of like mathematics - you never really discover anything new, as much as you realize that one relationship implies another relationship.

What makes a great musician, then, isn't that she presents something totally new to you - something that's totally new just wouldn't sound good. Instead, it's that she gives you something that's familiar, and makes it seem new all over again to you. To me, that's what separates great art from that which is simply pleasing.

That's what often turns me off from the spacey stuff - they often seem like they're trying to sound weird for the sake of it, rather than use that new capability to make the old fresh once more.

To each their own! ;) There are definitely some styles of music that I don't like or understand. Dubstep is like Kimchee, you either love it or hate it. It also can be an acquired taste. ;)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
W Coast house. funky. tribal. hippie. luuurvey lyrics.

Dub Tribe, DJ Collette, Miguel Miggs....LOVE LOVE LOVE <3! Are you my sister from another mister??

Have you heard DJ Collette's In the Sun album?? That was one of my faves for sure <3.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwI0gbGEyuI"]:headphne:[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4RnLUnFafs&feature=channel_video_title"]:headphne:[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttcwcaALXZw"]:headphne:[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgcolBv-dVo&NR=1"]:headphne:[/YOUTUBE]

Phobik...my brother from another mother ;). Gotta love the old school jungle <3. I had some of the funnest times of my life groovin to that shit back in the day!