• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dedicated to Electronic Music

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'd seriously no idea. my friend and i were pretty pure (chaste, didn't drink, were there purely for the music and vibe) and for years that's what it was all about. it wasn't until i went to ibiza for the first time in my 20s that i experienced global hardcore rave culture. 5 times i missed my return flight, 5 times had to buy a new one-way ticket home. :laugh:

confession: i've had to call two employers to push my start date back, due to inability to get home from ibiza. such a goddamn rabbit hole. (naturally, i celebrated landing a new job by nearly jeopardizing it. :shock:)

and to this day each summer i want to go back to ibiza, but after a few visits under my belt i'm scared. something about the combination of raving for 12 hours, collapsing on a beach at 9 am, and waking up at noon to start all over has me convinced that me one day i'll be mailed home in a pine box.

[youtube="t8yME7uHU_s"]in honor of balearic house[/youtube]

i 'member waking up on the beach in ibiza to this. i fucking love listening to this song driving down the CA coast now.
[youtube="Vo5CKiUVrBE"]go nina simone! go day drinking! go, erm, aging clubbers![/youtube]

+ just a bit o' balearic danceable cheese http://snd.sc/gwmM07 + http://snd.sc/gwmM07

One thing I do regret, and I try not to regret stuff, is not discovering this music earlier in life. I've always had some type of electonic music in my life, hell, I grew up listening to the Electrifying Mojo, so Kraftwerk and Cybotron were normal for me, but I did not really get into house until I was an adult. Late night radio would play house, and I didn't "get it" when I was in my teens; I was more into the ghetto tech/booty music.

What really pulled me in was depression, separated from my husband 2000 miles away from Seattle, living with my father with barely 1 year old twins, broke as shit. One day I had to get the fuck out, have a break, and some friendstook me out dancing at this place called Lola's in Detroit. "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" applies to that night...haven't looked back since.

But I know Ibiza is probably out of the question for me at this point, hee hee. that would be something I would love to experience just once in my life, that sounds just TOO epic...before my knees give out on me. hee hee hee

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One day I had to get the fuck out, have a break, and some friendstook me out dancing at this place called Lola's in Detroit. "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" applies to that night...haven't looked back since.

you have no idea of the irony. PM on the way ;)

(p.s. almost attached "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" but got stuck wading through all the shitty remixes)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here ya go.

Gotta love that bassline. So funky...

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More house (garage, whatever. Same thing)

I love this kind of music. It just makes you feel good listening to it.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="ck_cK8g1eE8"]Above & Beyond - Anjuna Beach (Original Mix) [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="znr2Bci6VaU"]Afterwhite - Sandbox (Tucandeo Remix) [/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure what this is, but its fucking awesome.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAsZ8Ql2e8M"]Spitfire - Prodigy[/YOUTUBE]

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if anybody here is a fan of ambient music, but I love it, and love how it can take you to a whole other world. I know true ambient isn't dance music, but it is electronic. Here's a few more beat-oriented ambient tracks which I've really enjoyed for many years. Maybe some of you will like it, maybe not. It takes patience to listen to, but trust me, it's well worth it.

This one is really cool. It has an awesome live drumming section. (on electronic drums) It's seriously one of my favorite pieces of music, all time, any genre.

Here's another really good one. Deep, deep bass on this track that'll practically make your heart palpitate if you have the right equipment.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So how did everyone get involved or interested in Electronic music? Lets tell some stories here! <3

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So how did everyone get involved or interested in Electronic music? Lets tell some stories here! <3

For me, it comes from a desire to learn, understand and appreciate all kinds of music. I was about 13 when I was first introduced to it, though, right around the middle of 1998. My cousin showed me a song that he really thought was cool. He called it "rave music." I never did find out the artist or song title, but it was basically like very ethereal, epic trance. I wanted to find more music like it, so I started searching for anything electronic that I could find on napster. Went through a house phase, a jungle phase, a trance phase and an industrial phase before settling on techno as my main edm interest. Still open to anything though. I never understood people who said, "I don't like that kind of music because it's not this kind of music." People limit themselves so much, and for no real reason. Good music is good music; people need to quit trying to be hip and cool and just accept it.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Early "trance music" when trance started emerging. Does remind me of techno though

[YOUTUBE="vZpkhpfecwg"]Jam & Spoon - Stella [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="OPvhUpnocx0"]Quench-Dreams [/YOUTUBE]

Worth mentioning a second time. :D
[YOUTUBE="Ct_5jJV80dw"]AGE OF LOVE - AGE OF LOVE [/YOUTUBE]

Was still a bit too young to fully know about techno or trance. All in all, the tale in how I gotten into Electronic music is a sad sad story.

1:Video Games
2:Older people around me who would listen to music like this, this,and also stuff like this. And more stuff that I can't even remember that were similar to those three.

I mean even Pokemon had this...this... beat!

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really great bit of smooth, jazzy and deep, deep house. Really gets going after the two minute mark. Listening to this will make you cool.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's some really jazzy, ultra-funky house. It's impossible to keep your feet from moving when listening to this.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_S7ho9qcg"]sexyparty[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry to drop some moar wobbly bass, but UNNNNNFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

I used to be more of a rocker. The first electronic song I really liked was infected mushrooms 'disco mushroom' which I heard at my cousins house. A little later on I got into drum n bass and breakcore parties through a friend of mine. When I moved out of my parents house and started living in a new city I found that the electronic music scene was much bigger here and that there were actually good house parties here. Also an ex of mine was into goa and techno music and raves and for the rest I theorize that once you hear any type of music on xtc or magic mushrooms you can never really dislike it ever again.

[YOUTUBE="e7WYCzRMzVI"]Infected Mushroom - Disco Mushroom[/YOUTUBE]

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Just by going out and experiencing it. But as agentfurrina pointed out, we're all on at least something, heh. I've kind of laid off a bit because you're in there, and before you know it, it's 7 in the morning, you feel dizzy/exhausted, your ears are fucked up, you're greasy/sweaty and you stumble out in the blinding sunlight - you can NEVER feel grungier and gross than when you leave the club, fumble on home, crash and wake up in a few hours with THE WORST come-down. It's 1000x worse than a normal hangover.

yuck yuck ew. It's so much fun, but you pay the price, oy...

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a new favorite of mine, proper minimal techno...and the guy's German. I thought they'd all gone microhouse. Apparently not.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
stories you say? brace yourselves. i'm swamped with work but will get back to you.

i promised you a drum n bass selection. note: this is not for everyone. for those down with the jungle: RINSE IT OUT PROPPA!

and that, my friends, is the sound of drum n bass.

now, on to W Coast house...