• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ghost Song in my I-Pod?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok something wierd occurred; I was listening to my i-pod on shuffle when one of the songs playing was The Man Who Sold The World by Nirvana. Now I have Nirvana's Nevermind album on my i-pod, but that cover song was never featured on the original album. What's stranger is that I searched through all my songs and I can't find it anywhere; the hell? What possible explanation is there for this?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Do you have a Touch or iPhone that is capable of downloading songs from itunes directly to the device (without using your PC as an intermediary)? Did a friend download it perhaps? How long has it been since you've synced your pod with your computer?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's an i-pod touch, and all the music on it was either from my own CD's or i-tunes. Now I share i-tunes on my computer with the rest of my family and it turns out that my sister does have that song on her i-tunes as well, how it got onto my shuffle list is beyond me, and the last time I synced it was about several weeks ago.

Either that or my i-pod has achieved Nirvana. :laugh:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
maybe the song isnt on any of your playlists, but is on the library and shuffle picked up the song from there?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Turns out it was on my I-tunes list and I had placed it on my I-pod, I had just forgotten that it was there in the first place . . . :D