• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV shows you watched as a child

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Kudos for admitting it. :smile:
But that's what makes them good! maybe.

... oh, I forgot Dungeons & Dragons.
I even have the whole animated series on DVD. :blush:
It was god awful.

Man I loved the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. My theory is that the show made everyone hate paladins whenever they actually started playing the game. That cavalier/paladin guy was the biggest jerk.

Occasionally I'll go back and look at the cartoons I loved as a kid. Objectively most of them were bad, but I love them anyway. The one exception is the Super Friends. I knew that was bad even as a kid, but that was part of the charm.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Looney Tunes
Scooby Doo
Jonny Quest
Superfriends
Original Star Trek
Flipper
Fury
My Friend Flicka

Edit 1-Space Ghost! How could I forget. There's no doubt more to list so I will as I'm reminded of them.

Last edited:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, the list is sooo long.

Let's see...I watched:

Barney
Sesame Street
Little Bear
Reading Rainbow
Arthur
Dexter's Laboratory
Cow and Chicken
Hey Arnold
Goof Troop
Doug (the Nick version, not the crappy Disney version)
Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Tale Spin
2 Stupid Dogs
Wild Thornberrys
Figure it Out
Animaniacs
Tiny Toons
Pokemon
Digimon
Duck Tales
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Batman
Scooby Doo
Captain Planet (biggest crush on him :wubbie: )
Timon and Puumba
The Simpsons
Blue's Clues
Powerpuff Girls
Johnny Quest
Gullah Gullah Island
Dragonball Z
CatDog
The Little Mermaid series
Aladdin series
Space Ghost

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, there's probably tons more too. I was the ultimate 90's kid!!

Last edited:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Geena Davis?

EVEN. OLDER.

[YOUTUBE="1x7EB8NkL2o"]Angie![/YOUTUBE]

I always liked the theme. We should have a tv themes thread or something, but with the more obscure ones, not the Brady Bunch.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love that guy who was in Airplane!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I love that guy who was in Airplane!

Me, too!

And Doris Roberts, playing meddling moms since the dawn of time.

I also remember watching this short-lived sitcom, starring Dixie Carter and Delta Burke, a few years before Designing Women. It was funny, as I recall, and probably before its time.

[YOUTUBE="uHUkqCreXyQ"]Filthy Rich[/YOUTUBE]

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gotta love the 80's lol (the cartoons at least)...

Sesame Street
Reading Rainbow
Jem and the Holigrams
Looney Toons
The Flinstones
The Jetsons
The Little Prince
Noozles
Alvin and the Chipmonks
Care Bears
Rainbow Bright
Duck Tales
Kid Incorporated
Hey Dude
Growing Pains
Who's the Boss
Full House
Beverly Hills 90210
Roseanne
Married with Children

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
saved_by_the_bell1.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Man I loved the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. My theory is that the show made everyone hate paladins whenever they actually started playing the game. That cavalier/paladin guy was the biggest jerk.
Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure everyone already hated paladins by then ... which is why they made Eric the whiner. ;)

For kicks, watch this B-rate movie that is actually pretty funny if you know RPGs and the RPG experience: THE GAMERS: DORKNESS RISING (2006)

(Yes, the paladin jokes continue unabated in that movie.)

Occasionally I'll go back and look at the cartoons I loved as a kid. Objectively most of them were bad, but I love them anyway. The one exception is the Super Friends. I knew that was bad even as a kid, but that was part of the charm.

SuperFriends was horrible, but I loved it too. (I remember watching it back-to-back with Shazam and Isis and the Hour of Power or something.) The public service messages by Batman and Supes were hilarious.

Darn. How on earth did I forget to list Schoolhouse Rock?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I lived in Germany when I was a young kid, on a U.S. Army base, so the only TV shows (in English) I had access to were on one channel: "AFN" or the "Armed Forces Network." So, I ended up watching stuff that was a decade before my time, but I didn't care, it was still new to me. :)

1. Looney Tunes
2. Gilligan's Island
3. Bewitched
4. I Dream of Jeannie
5. Leave it to Beaver

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure everyone already hated paladins by then ... which is why they made Eric the whiner. ;)

LOL, ok you got me. But this is what I tell my friend when he asks why everyone treats his Paladin like crap. :D

For kicks, watch this B-rate movie that is actually pretty funny if you know RPGs and the RPG experience: THE GAMERS: DORKNESS RISING (2006)

(Yes, the paladin jokes continue unabated in that movie.)

That movie is hilarious. :D They also have an older movie simply called THE GAMERS. (2002)

SuperFriends was horrible, but I loved it too. (I remember watching it back-to-back with Shazam and Isis and the Hour of Power or something.) The public service messages by Batman and Supes were hilarious.

Darn. How on earth did I forget to list Schoolhouse Rock?

I LOVED Schoolhouse Rock, but I'm not sure if it counts as a TV show. My favorites were the ones on Electricity and Interjections. :yes:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL, ok you got me. But this is what I tell my friend when he asks why everyone treats his Paladin like crap.

I bet he bought that too! Stupit paladints!

That movie is hilarious. :D They also have an older movie simply called THE GAMERS. (2002)

I didn't see that one, but I laughed a lot at the full-length one. So much of that reflected my gaming experience...

I LOVED Schoolhouse Rock, but I'm not sure if it counts as a TV show. My favorites were the ones on Electricity and Interjections. :yes:

"Figure 8" had a beautiful Si-melancholy to it, but lots of those original songs (not the ones they did years later) just had some great turns of phrases.

I still remember, "He was a hairy bear / He was a scary bear / We beat a hasty retreat from his lair... and described him with adjectives" and "Interplanet Janet, she's a galaxy girl / A solar system Ms from a future world / She travels like a rocket with her comet team / And there's never been a planet Janet hasn't seen."

Of course poor Pluto got cut since then, ruining the song... :dry:

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There were so many! A few:

Square One TV
Dumbo's Circus
Roseanne
Full House
Three's Company
Murphy Brown (which I loved at the time it originally aired, but was too young to appreciate.)
All of the stuff that was on Nick at Nite in the late 80s-early 90s, like Get Smart and Green Acres.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I saw a lot mentioned but I didn't see The Three Stooges- FUNNY!

I was a big Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan
WWF
Glowworms
Tiny Tunes

I loved gameshows as a kid

Scrabble
The 25,000 pyramid
The Price is Right
Press Your Luck
Family Feud.

I remember when I was over my baby sitter's before I was in school- and she'd watch soap operas. BOOOORING!!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Transformers
Dinoriders
TMNT
X-men
WWF wrestling

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
NO WHAMMY, NO WHAMMY... :wubbie:

I can't believe I forgot that show! I used to watch it at my grandma's house all the time.

Yes!! And you'd yell "STOP" LOL and the whammy would dance away with your money! LOL

whammy.jpg

j-jones.jpg

That's Jenny Jones!

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes!! And you'd yell "STOP" LOL and the whammy would dance away with your money! LOL

whammy.jpg

:laugh: It's all coming back to me now! And there were so many different animated Whammys! I guess I was supposed to feel bad for the people who were losing, but the Whammys were awesome!