• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final Fantasy XIV

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ok, I swear to myself that I will never play another MMORPG after WoW. But, I love FFXI so much that I had to try Final Fantasy XIV. Too bad I can't even log on 3/4's of the time. Square Enix better step up their game *sigh*. Who else is playing this game? Who else is having nightmares with lag (when I do manage to log on) and log in?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I played FFXI for several years and loved it, but I don't know if I'm going to try FFXIV. I don't really have time for an MMO.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I played FFXI for several years and loved it, but I don't know if I'm going to try FFXIV. I don't really have time for an MMO.

For now at least, don't come near FFXIV, (if you do decide that you have time for an MMO) wait until it has an expansion (remember, FFXI came with Rise of the Zilart and was pretty awesome) so Square would have gotten together. Right now, it has to be one of the worst MMORPG out there. It's nearly unplayable at its current state. Someone really needs to commit seppuku in Square Enix for releasing such garbage :steam:.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For now at least, don't come near FFXIV, (if you do decide that you have time for an MMO) wait until it has an expansion (remember, FFXI came with Rise of the Zilart and was pretty awesome) so Square would have gotten together. Right now, it has to be one of the worst MMORPG out there. It's nearly unplayable at its current state. Someone really needs to commit seppuku in Square Enix for releasing such garbage :steam:.

That is what I was thinking, I played FFXI a while after Zilart was out.

I think the problem has to deal with SE rushing with releasing FFXIV. Open Beta was only like... what? A month or so? The alpha wasn't too much either.

Either way, I don't have as much time as I did for FFXI as I do now. I probably will wait a while before getting it.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ

I think the problem has to deal with SE rushing with releasing FFXIV. Open Beta was only like... what? A month or so? The alpha wasn't too much either.

Either way, I don't have as much time as I did for FFXI as I do now. I probably will wait a while before getting it.

Your probably right. Square did a half ass job on it and now I paid $75 for nothing. Although I will probably give them a benefit of a doubt and try again later. I usually don't forgive companies that does this, but I grew up in Square games and one bad apple isn't enough to deter me from Square's future games. I'm sure alot of fans feel the same way.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ

You're probably right, Square did a half ass job on FFXIV release and I paid $75 for nothing. Although I will probably give them a benefit of a doubt and try again later. I usually don't forgive companies that does this, but I grew up in Square games and one bad apple isn't enough to deter me from Square's future releases. I'm sure alot of fans feel the same way.