• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The I hate f*cking football thread

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
here's a thread for those of us who have no interest in football and find the fans fucking annoying. lets go torch them!

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
It's not the sport itself, it is the ridiculous amount of attention it gets. And not just football.

What I would find interesting watching is someone making a painting on tv. Or maybe kids playing sports. Or playing hide and seek.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Shouldn't this thread be in a different sub-forum? Maybe the philosophy sub-forum?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've despised football since my very infancy. It completely baffles me the obsession that people can have with this sport. I'm not a big sports fan to begin with, but I find football especially confusing and apalling.

Jaguar

steelers1.jpg

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's not the sport itself, it is the ridiculous amount of attention it gets.

:yes:

my dad's side of the family is from Texas and....well, i think that's about all i need to say, actually. one of my cousins was charged with assault for attacking another parent during his kids high school football game because they disagreed on a referee call.

not to mention sports riots; especially after your team wins :wtf:

Now of course that's an extreme example but the kind of fanaticism that can lead to situations like this just does. not. compute.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't understand how they get anything DONE in football... every 3 seconds they all fall over and stop the game. Just don't get it.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because I'm a glutton for punishment I guess, last fall, I did an experiment where made myself watch a couple of games. I wanted to really understand what all the hype was about. I studied up on the rules and strategy (yes, football has strategy. They don't make the draftees take an intelligence test for nothing).

I think my original dislike of the sport was largely because I didn't fully understand the rules and strategy. I still don't understand everything (I think the official NFL rule book is like 500 pages or so).

So now I actually like watching football now and then. I think it also helped that last fall when I did my experiment, my team, the Vikings, were actually winning most games. But I'm not a fanatic about it. I don't understand that aspect of it.

Will2911

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I saw the title of this thread, and I assumed you meant Football proper, not the ridiculous version of Rugby, where the players are too soft and wear ludicrous amounts of protective gear.

As this is an attack on the ridiculous game, which stole the name of the Planets greatest sport, I approve.

Oh can anyone tell me why you call Baseball the World Series, when no one outside of North America gives a shit?

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Soccer is great, the american version (why is it called FOOTball?) not so much. The tactical side might be interesting if I would delve into it more.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh can anyone tell me why you call Baseball the World Series, when no one outside of North America gives a shit?

Because we don't give a shit about the crap the rest of the world plays, and most of the good foreign players play on our teams anyway, so its truly a World Series for us.:tongue10:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
You aren't human if you dislike Football. I can understand apathy, but outright dislike? Must be a UFO dwelling critter.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You aren't human if you dislike Football. I can understand apathy, but outright dislike? Must be a UFO dwelling critter.

It's really easy for indifference to turn into hate when people inflate a game to be more than what it really is. It makes even less sense when it's a game that people are watching and not playing.