• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Anybody watch American Idol?

Later on in the season, I'd love to talk about the types of the contestants.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Yes, although I'm not sure why. :shock:

Actually I like Simon and his sarcasm. I also like to reaffirm my belief that (most) people are nuts. :D

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Am I the only one that can never watch something or someone being horribly embarrassed on TV? I always have to plug my ears or run out of the room, at least for the first 3-4 episodes of AI. After that, I enjoy it.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
I watch it from time to time.

The first few episodes of every season showing the cattle call auditions are always my favourite - truly cringe worthy TV.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Anybody watch American Idol?

Later on in the season, I'd love to talk about the types of the contestants.

I haven't really watched it, but I'll consider it if you'd like to type the contestants. I've been reluctant to watch it because I was worried they'd expect me to worship something, and I'm not sure that I want to. Although I'm beginning to hear people talk about it as if it were just a regular television program, so...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, I watched for the last 3 years, but only when they were down to the last 12 or so contestants because I don't really care for all the "drama" that happens beforehand. (I tried watching it, but I didn't like it.) But this year, I decided to start earlier.

Does anyone have an opinion on what Simon's type is?

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
We saw Kenneth Swale (or Kenneth Briggs or Michael Swale, depending on the source) at the karaoke bar last weekend.

He's the guy that Simon compared to a bush-baby last season. He and another guy he met in line became buddies and went on a little press tour after the 'incident' at his audition.

There are a couple of videos of him on youtube.

He sang 2 country songs last weekend. Both were awful. He's kind of a pathetic little dude, showed up alone and left alone. He appears to believe he can actually sing well. The audience cheered him on anyway.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah. I think he's going to make a million bucks like William Hung did!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I had been thinking that, too, but I wasn't sure.
I thought maybe he's an INTP or an ISTJ.
Then I started wondering if maybe he's an E.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hollywood week starts this week.

I've only watched a few minutes of Hollywood week in the past.
I wasn't fond of the bad singing, and the drama.
This year is supposed to be better.

I'm going to give it another try.

I'd love to have company to discuss it with.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I meant to add Simon to my list of fav INTJ's and the only true reason I watch AI. :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Simon - INTJ
Paula - ESFP
Randy - ESTP
Seacrest - ESFJ

Tho'ts?
You could be right.

Paula is definitely an F.
She is so afraid of hurting peoples' feelings.
Randy - probably a T.
Ryan - Why does Ryan have that job? He has no charisma! How did he get that job?!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
You could be right.

Paula is definitely an F.
She is so afraid of hurting peoples' feelings.
Randy - probably a T.
Ryan - Why does Ryan have that job? He has no charisma! How did he get that job?!
Ryan's perfect at what he does. Can you think of someone else from this generation that would be better? Dick Clark likes him so why don't you? I'm too upset now. I'm going to need some time alone.