• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

MBTI Type
INTJ
Neil Diamond sucks.

Pretty amazing how much he sucks. Pretty amazing he's still alive. Pretty amazing I'm watching this crap.

Actually I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this since I think of myself as a real rock 'n roller, but I think Neil Diamond is a great songwriter and I like his voice. I can do without the sequined shirts, though.

And Jason was not even in the bottom two??? He must be Paula's drug connection.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Actually I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this since I think of myself as a real rock 'n roller, but I think Neil Diamond is a great songwriter and I like his voice. I can do without the sequined shirts, though.

And Jason was not even in the bottom two??? He must be Paula's drug connection.

Yeah, I agree. Neil Diamond really is a great songwriter. A very underrated one. It's really kind of too bad he's the Sequined Shirt Guy, because it takes away from his actual accomplishments. Kind of like Dolly Parton and all her surgery. I liked his performance.

Heehee, I think you're onto something, re: Jason!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You guys OF ALL PEOPLE should understand that Jason's easy-going demeanor on stage has nothing to do with a lack of desire to win, but rather it's his personality type that makes him the way he is.
I would expect people who are unenlightened about type to take him the wrong way, but PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND TYPE?

Just for the record, Carly was asked about Jason and she said he practices his head off.

And she also said Jason has never smoked pot.

He is hard-working and humble. Name one person who has ever prepared for anything who couldn't admit, I guess I could have practiced more?!

You have Jason all wrong. He's probably an ISFP or an INFP. And to withstand being thrown under the bus by Paula like that, 3 minutes before he was supposed to sing his second song, THANK GOD he doesn't take himself too seriously!

Jason is going at least to Top 3, because apart from people who don't like that kind of music, there's a whole bunch of us who DO.

[/rant]

Have a beautiful day.

Say goodbye to Syesha. She's next.

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
RE Jason: I have been hesitant to post this but a friend of my sister-in-law dated Jason Castro and said he is very nice guy. The girl I'm speaking of is involved with campus Christian missionary groups so I am pretty sure Jason is a Christian kid, probably why he sang the song "Halleluiah". She would NOT have dated a drug user.

You are right, INTJ mom, some folks have him all wrong. ISFP or INFP, and a beautiful soul with a beautiful voice. I think he's great. :yes:

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I can do without the sequined shirts, though.

Not to mention that combover; he's giving Trump a run for his money.

And Jason was not even in the bottom two???

Damn those tweens!

If we could only find a way to harness that collective power for our own ends. We'd be unstoppable! MUAH.

And she also said Jason has never smoked pot.

You have Jason all wrong. He's probably an ISFP or an INFP. And to withstand being thrown under the bus by Paula like that, 3 minutes before he was supposed to sing his second song, THANK GOD he doesn't take himself too seriously!

This reminds me - my friends all tease me because they think I sound stoned on my voicemail greeting. Maybe it's an Fi thing. I leave it that way because who am I to deny them their amusement?

I think folks in general are just judging him by his cover; dreadlocks is shorthand for stoner. I'm not saying it's fair, it's just what people do.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Re: INTJ Mom's rant and the ensuing discussion. FM and I were just wisecracking about Jason. I could care less whether he does or does not do pot, and have no actual opinion on the matter. It was a JOKE. I like the kid. Perhaps I should have used 1,000 smilies to drive the point home. :smile:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, it's official. Simon told Jason to pack his bags last night. If Idol history is any indicator, that means Syesha's going home.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I tried to vote for Syesha last night and never got thru. I voted for David like one minute after the show was over... very strange. I can't believe Jason is still there.. he should have left at least 3 weeks ago... his good looks are all he has going.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I often wondered if Jason would have to actually take a crap on stage to get sent home. Well, we'll find out, since that's exactly what he did last night. When he sang "I Shot The Sheriff", his phrasing was all over the place and it was a general mess.

He may have the best work ethic in the world, but I just don't think he's very good at all, and that's why I constantly complain about his continued presence. I also don't think another contestant would slam him to a reporter, even if the allegations were true. She does have to go out on tour with him. What bothers me just as much as his own talent level though is the way people fall all over themselves to defend him because he seems "nice". I understand that it can be a good idea to keep competitiveness under wraps in the name of being personable, but there are probably three or four talented eliminated contestants right now who want to strangle him for his nonchalant attitude.

The Davids and Syesha all sang well, but I still think Little Davey is missing something. He brings his own special bland competence to every song and makes every song he sings sound exactly the same (for the worse). I understand that he is a technically good singer, but I can't imagine why anyone gets excited about him. He's like a little automaton.

Syesha is someone I haven't liked in the past, but the last few weeks I think she's been very good. I think I've had enough of people singing well and being lambasted for hewing too closely to the original arrangements of songs. Whether or not she changed a single note of "Proud Mary", she sang it great. She deserves to be in the final two along with David Cook. I could have done without her hamfisted attempt to compare the civil rights movement with her crusade to win American Idol though. I would wonder if that will hurt her, but I think she's probably gone anyway.

P.S. - Jason said he picked Bob Marley "for obvious reasons". I don't think he was talking about his hair.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I was really disappointed about Jason last night. I mean based on what Simon said, it was horrible. I was hoping Jason would make it through tonight. I think it's gonna be a tight call between him and Syesha.

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
David Cook actually went to my high school. He was a year ahead of me. Nice guy. I interviewed him once or twice for the school paper.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
David Cook actually went to my high school. He was a year ahead of me. Nice guy. I interviewed him once or twice for the school paper.
Yeah, he does seem awfully nice.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram

What did you interview him about?

PS -

Wow, I gotta say, that Bo Bice is one tall drink of water. I'd like to swallow him whole in one gulp. :devil:

Last edited:

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
So is George Michael really the surprise guest for tomorrow? Weren't they saying it was supposed to be like the biggest star in the world? I was all set to have a wager chart.
Madonna - 3/2 New album out, prolly most renown female
Bono - 4/1 - But already did Idol Gives Back
The Boss - 8/1 - Is he big in China?
Paul McCartney - 3/1 - Idol already licensed rights for Beatles songs this season...
Julio Ingelsias - 10/1 - someone famous here but a mega star elsewhere
Whitney - 8/1 - Has she been a mentor? So many have butchered her songs, they owe her.
Mick Jagger - 6/1 - Simon could pull off a fellow Brit
Michael - 20/1 - Acquitted and he's still Michael
Babs - 12/1 - She'd love to do the show, I'm sure but 18-34??? I don't think so.

Who else???

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
If Simon's behavior wasn't a blatant attempt to manufacture consent, I don't know what else would be.

MBTI Type
INTJ
If Simon's behavior wasn't a blatant attempt to manufacture consent, I don't know what else would be.

Yeah, I actually felt a little sleazy just watching it. It didn't feel like "We think you're the best", it felt like "We've got everything set up for this kid, don't you damn voters screw it up!" I will go to my grave never knowing what gets people so excited about David Archuleta.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
I expect David A will win.

I prefer David C, but I don't think he did enough tonight to bring in the votes.