• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ryan's perfect at what he does. Can you think of someone else from this generation that would be better? Dick Clark likes him so why don't you? I'm too upset now. I'm going to need some time alone.
I'm unfamiliar with who's available. A P type would have been nice.
Someone who's more relaxed and fun.

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
You could be right.

Paula is definitely an F.
She is so afraid of hurting peoples' feelings.
Randy - probably a T.
Ryan - Why does Ryan have that job? He has no charisma! How did he get that job?!
I'm not so sure Simon's an INTJ. Again, I'm not great on type but I'd venture he could be more of an ENTJ or xSTJ. While he doesn't seem swayed by anyone's opinion publicly, he somehow knows his exact value to the show, his show to television, his show to the music industry. Not just in terms of unit sales but pop culture promotion. Creating that character's one thing, being is another story and I'm not sure someone too lost in his head would be able to pull that off. He could very well be an INTJ, just saying I wouldn't be surprised by something else.

I'm not so sure Paula is really that afraid of hurting people's feelings, though I don't think she wants to do that. I don't think she wants to be at all hypocritical in being the kind of person who'd judged her early on in life. She was always told she was too short to make it as a dancer. Not blonde, girl next door, type to make it as a model. Too foreign of a name to make it as an actress. Always dismissed before given a chance. For whatever pill popping cryfest she's turned into now, she did have a nice hunk of talent that she made far more out of than people w/maybe greater concentrated skillz are never able to pull off.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if she isn't afraid to tell someone they suck because then those people would be motivated like her to pursue show biz all the more, well really quietly going away is what everyone would want.

I generally don't watch the show but you might catch a few shows here coming up. Or at least a few bits and pieces.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I agree Simon could be ENTJ as well, but I see no reason why he couldn't be INTJ either. Whichever he is, he's close to the E/I border.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sometimes I seriously wonder if she isn't afraid to tell someone they suck because then those people would be motivated like her to pursue show biz all the more, well really quietly going away is what everyone would want.

I think she's afraid to tell people they suck because SHE sucked. A witty comeback from a pissed off contestant could be devastating to her.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Simon - INTJ
Paula - ESFP
Randy - ESTP
Seacrest - ESFJ

Tho'ts?

I definitely agree w/ Simon and Seacrest. I think Paula and Randy are probably right, but I could be convinced otherwise for them.

Simon is awesome. I almost always agree w/ him. He can be harsh, yes, but he gives contestants a reality check, which in the long run is a good thing.:yes: And you can trust his word...because he's certainly not going to say someone's good if he thinks otherwise!!

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I felt bad for Josiah... I hope he ends up okay.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I felt bad for Josiah... I hope he ends up okay.
Yeah. He has talent, but he might need to mature a little more.
I saw him on YouTube - playing piano! He was great!
It was a song he wrote.
I don't really think he's a great singer, but neither was Bob Dylan.

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
INTJMom, I will be happy to chat with you about American Idol anytime. :) I watched the season 1 finale and have been watching ever since. I too prefer the performances after the contestants have been chosen rather than all the drama that precedes them. I have enjoyed watching some of the previous contestants grow throughout the competiton. I still get chills when I hear a really great vocal performance. Some of my faves have been Clay Aiken (Love him!), Carrie Underwood, and Chris Daughtry.

I'm with Simon on this one - I was disappointed they didn't let the nerdy guy with the glasses through this time. I thought he had potential.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
INTJMom, I will be happy to chat with you about American Idol anytime. :) I watched the season 1 finale and have been watching ever since. I too prefer the performances after the contestants have been chosen rather than all the drama that precedes them. I have enjoyed watching some of the previous contestants grow throughout the competiton. I still get chills when I hear a really great vocal performance. Some of my faves have been Clay Aiken (Love him!), Carrie Underwood, and Chris Daughtry.

I'm with Simon on this one - I was disappointed they didn't let the nerdy guy with the glasses through this time. I thought he had potential.
Great! I'm looking forward to it!:)

My faves never win because I'm an old fogie. :blush:

I liked Vonzell.
I didn't really like anyone last year.
Carrie Underwood was obviously a star waiting to be found.
I'm so happy for her for the wonderful career she's having.

I like David Hernandez because he sounds like Kenny Loggins.:blush:
I think he's the next Elliot Yamin.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^ Me using Te. Sorry Mom. :(

First of all imo Paula Abdul didn't suck. There were far worst artists back in the 80's /90's. How can you not like this especially if you're in the worst pic thread decked out all 80's style? :harhar:

Last nights show sucked though. There were only two guys that were halfway decent, the others annoyed me so that I felt nothing but sympathy for Simon. At least I was able to turn the channel, but he had to sit there and endure that torture. Oh well at least he gets paid millions to suffer. ;)

Paula's new song and vid. Not too bad for an old drunk lady. :alttongue: btw last night she appeared outta of it again. :shock:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah..Simon and Paula were in great form last night. Their bickering sessions just crack me up. Simon: 'Yes, but what COLOR is it, Paula?':rofl1: They make me laugh...of course at the same time I feel kinda bad for the contestants who are just standing there watching them while they bicker, but...it's still funny. :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ah..Simon and Paula were in great form last night. Their bickering sessions just crack me up. Simon: 'Yes, but what COLOR is it, Paula?':rofl1: They make me laugh...of course at the same time I feel kinda bad for the contestants who are just standing there watching them while they bicker, but...it's still funny. :)
After that, I am convinced Simon must be an S and not an N.
An N would understand the analogy of describing a voice as having varying "color" to it.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
An N would understand the analogy of describing a voice as having varying "color" to it.
No way is he an S. I won't hear of it! *stomps feet*

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Actually I think he understood perfectly well, he just found her descriptions a little melodramatic and too sentimental for his liking. I think he was being sarcastic and was just egging Paula on because he knew it would get to her. It's why I found all of it so amusing.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
David Hernandez
David Archilleta
Colton Berry
Jason Castro
(two more) probably Michael Johns and another rocker.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My faves

My favorite guys after this first round of auditions were:

Colton Berry -18
- The one that said he thinks he looks like Ellen Degeneres
Suspicious Minds - In my opinion, he has a great voice.

David Archuletta - 17 -
-Shy when he's talking, bold and confident when he's performing
Shop Around - Excellent all-around talent

David Hernandez - 24
Midnight Hour - He has the great popular style that Simon is looking for.

Jason Castro - 20
-the one with the dreadlocks
(What a Day for a) Daydream - played the guitar, great vocal style and personal likability.
He's destined for a recording contract no matter what happens.

I thought there were a few "weak" singers who didn't really stay on key or hit all their notes right on. Even though I may have liked them personally, that short-coming proves very expensive in the recording studio.
Garrett Haley - 17 - who looks like Peter Frampton. He is so cute! Sang Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Jason Yeager - 28 - Sang Moon River. Very good-looking, nice voice, has adorably cute son.
Michael Lee Johns - 28 - the Aussie. Sang Light My Fire. Rocker wannabee. I couldn't believe my ears when the judges said he sang well.