• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Schindler's List

MerkW

I have only seen a very brief snippet of this film (approximately 5 minute-long clip). I hear that it is supposedly very good.

Do you recommend it?

What are your personal opinions on the movie?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I agree it is very hard to watch. Black and white in the modern movie world can take some getting used to.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have only seen a very brief snippet of this film (approximately 5 minute-long clip). I hear that it is supposedly very good.

Do you recommend it?

A very good movie indeed. It's a shame though that Spielberg had to make this film before he was taken seriously as anything but a moneymaker.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A very good movie indeed. It's a shame though that Spielberg had to make this film before he was taken seriously as anything but a moneymaker.

Directors are only taken seriously when they make political movies that make no money. It's a shame. Spielberg is an excellent director and people just seem to hate him because he's so popular.

I know I'm pretty pathetic, but my favorite of Spielberg's WWII movies is 1941.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
It is a "must see", since so many people know it and refer to it, but of course, first of all because it is an excellent movie.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Do you recommend it?

I've heard that it was good as well. The plot seems good, and I usually like Spielberg movies. I might have seen it once a long time ago, but I don't remember if I saw it or just read about it. Either way, I'm guessing it's probably worth watching.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very Good. I had the misfortune of seeing it after I had seen Star Wars Episode I.

That would be interesting if George Lucas was the director of Schindler's List. Or Peter Jackson...Andy Serkis would do the motion capture for the prisoners...and the film would be three hours long...oh, wait...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone ever noticed that John Williams' musical score for Schindler's List has the same motif later used in his Harry Potter film score?

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
EXCELLENT movie!! A must-see, absolutely!!

And hopefully, you're not a softy like me, and so you won't end up crying at every scene starting at about the middle of the movie :rolli:

Has anyone ever noticed that John Williams' musical score for Schindler's List has the same motif later used in his Harry Potter film score?
He wouldn't be the only one doing that. I've noticed that both Michael Kamen and James Horner did it too.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He wouldn't be the only one doing that. I've noticed that both Michael Kamen and James Horner did it too.

Michael Kamen, maybe. But James Horner practically plagiarizes his own music.

The Schindler's List motif and its connection with Harry Potter was a bit more subtle.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
James Horner practically plagiarizes his own music.
Tough... but true :D

The Schindler's List motif and its connection with Harry Potter was a bit more subtle.
I wonder: which Harry Potter movie are you talking about, exactly? Because I saw the first 4, and I didn't notice this similarity. So is it the 5th one? Or did I just miss it?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder: which Harry Potter movie are you talking about, exactly? Because I saw the first 4, and I didn't notice this similarity. So is it the 5th one? Or did I just miss it?

All of them. Though the theme I'm talking about is "Harry's Wonderous World," featured at the end credits of the first two.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The Pianist is good too.

Not related film-wise, but era and subject matter.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
All of them. Though the theme I'm talking about is "Harry's Wonderous World," featured at the end credits of the first two.
Ah, I missed it then. I'll have to pay attention next time... if I can ever get myself to watch a HP movie again, that is :rolli:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
What's Oskar Schindler's type? He seems quite ENFP to me. Maybe a more edgy one. 7w8?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Do you recommend it?

Yes, it's an excellent movie