• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

League of Legends

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Free game developed from DotA.

Really fun I've put many hours into it.

anyone else play or want to play?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I started a thread on it, but no one seemed to care.

And yeah I play it pretty regularly, I have almost 1000 matches played. Been playing since last November. I play some of everything but I prefer tanking (with Gentleman Cho'gath ;)). I also like ranged carries occasionally (I love ezreal and kog'maw, I'm experimenting with tristana).

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I play a bit. It's too much easier than DotA though. They made it WAYYYY newb-friendly.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Been playing it for a while, it's pretty good

I primarily play Garen and Brolaf but i also know how to play Xin Zhao and Katarina

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also prefer HoN. Personally, I find HoN to look better, have better gameplay, and have a more competative nature alltogether.

Still, in terms of games, I did quite like League of Legends too (for the 15 or so games I played on it). The game genre of team vs team strategy/hack'n'slash just appeals to me a lot. It's just that HoN is for me a bit better than LoL.

I think I play HoN fairly regularly, having played about 300 games now. Still, if you look at how many games some people have played in the 3/4 months since its release.

Funny fact of a gamer who has no life to speak off. HoN is out for 4 months. The player with the most played games has 3343 games played. A game averages at about 30-45 minutes per game (With early wins as early as 15 minutes to games lasting up to 1 hour, sometimes even longer). Let's say his average is ~30. Means he played roughly 1600 hours, it means that he has played on average 14 hours a day, every day, since retail. .... What the...? :D

edit: Just checked, his avergae game length is 36 minutes. So it's more like 15 hours a day. :p

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
From a spectator's point of view, HoN is so much better (it also lends itself well to the esport community)

It is so damn boring to actually play it though, which is a shame. The playerbase is also among the most elitist and intolerant of any i have ever seen.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The playerbase is also among the most elitist and intolerant of any i have ever seen.

I totally agree there. If you can't stand raging people hating you on the most outragious grounds, then HoN really isn't the type of game to play.

I make a habit out of saying nothing more than info my team can use to win a game, and otherwise not interact with other players other than planning ganks and such. I ignore everything people say that doesn't help me with my game. :p

Still, I love the game for its competative nature and gameplay, not for its playerbase... :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BlackCat9001 is mine. I'll be on tonight, I'm feeling Ezreal or Cho'gath!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good luck in school. I play my games while doing school and work... I like to keep doing my hobbies.

I'm 9001 because I go over nine thousand on those fools. ;)

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
yea i used too, but i started to get addicted and i eventually started doing hw after 12(and finished in 2hrs or less! pretty fast considering i have 3 aps lol) yea, and im starting to get like withdrawl symptoms now xP

lol! after the miss fortune patch, my latency would be over 9000 O.O

how long have you been playing? ive only recently became lvl 30, like 4-5 weeks ago? dyu have a rank :D?

watch your post numbers, you should try to keep it at 6,666 >.<

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol I was thinking of that, the 6,666. And I've been playing for almost a year, since last November. I don't care for ranked matches, I played 3 of them and then kept doing normals. I have around 1 k games played though. I've spent WAY too much money on this game... but it's worth it. Especially considering I've been playing it for so long. I have a skin for almost every champion I play (I'd say I have like 15 skins... including Gentlemen Cho'gath).

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am a game away from rank 21, and i have been playing for a few months, i think

I am pretty sick with Garen and Xin Zhao though, and getting there with brOlaf. Besides those, i'm not that great.

Strongly opposed to the idea of paying for anything in the game, so no boosts or skins for me

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
awwww, u went over :( I want to play ranked but solo Q honestly scares me. Its too random for ranked.
wow, that is a lot... where do u buy your points? I mainly want to buy champs, maybe a skin or two.

What do you usually build Garen...hopefully tanky?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
awwww, u went over :( I want to play ranked but solo Q honestly scares me. Its too random for ranked.
wow, that is a lot... where do u buy your points? I mainly want to buy champs, maybe a skin or two.

What do you usually build Garen...hopefully tanky?

Meh. It would have been funny. I did keep it at 666 for a while way back in the day though. ^_^

Solo queue does suck. When you get a higher ELO it's not as bad... people have some idea of what they're doing. But I always prefer going in with a partner.

I have a job, and I think that spending $5-$10 a month on something I consider a hobby not bad; especially if you compare it to things like smoking, smoking weed or doing any other drugs, or drinking alcohol. Riot points are extremely cheap compared to a lot of other things you could be spending money on. I especially have no issue in spending the money if it greatly increases my enjoyment. I just use my debit card. If you do buy champs, get the champion packs.

lol Garen. Get a Ghostblade then make him tanky and he dominates.

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
Meh. It would have been funny. I did keep it at 666 for a while way back in the day though. ^_^

Solo queue does suck. When you get a higher ELO it's not as bad... people have some idea of what they're doing. But I always prefer going in with a partner.

I have a job, and I think that spending $5-$10 a month on something I consider a hobby not bad; especially if you compare it to things like smoking, smoking weed or doing any other drugs, or drinking alcohol. Riot points are extremely cheap compared to a lot of other things you could be spending money on. I especially have no issue in spending the money if it greatly increases my enjoyment. I just use my debit card. If you do buy champs, get the champion packs.

lol Garen. Get a Ghostblade then make him tanky and he dominates.

eh...this is my 67 post -.-

Yea, but sometimes in higher elo its still...Like i can almost never play amumu in solo, and im even hesitant on playing him with just 1 other friend :(

Thats good, but im the type that likes to save up for somehting big :D but i don't have a job so :\

Is ghostblade really that good? It slows att speed or movement speed? Most ppl usually get the shield thing tho right?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I never take ghostblade on garen.

My core is:
Boots
Heart of Gold
->Boots of swiftness
->Randuin's omen
After that i build whatever the game calls for. If there is a lot of physical dps on the other team, get a thornmail and stack some sunfires and you're good. Aegis, banshees and spirit visage are also excellent choices

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
I never take ghostblade on garen.

My core is:
Boots
Heart of Gold
->Boots of swiftness
->Randuin's omen
After that i build whatever the game calls for. If there is a lot of physical dps on the other team, get a thornmail and stack some sunfires and you're good. Aegis, banshees and spirit visage are also excellent choices

I mostly get the same xept the boots depend on the others team and my role, although I usually only get 1 or 2 sunfires for him. Frozen Mallet would also be a good idea with him.

Lol I love how your name is Karthus's ult :p