• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

News anchors

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I must say that watching the local news tends to enrage me more than anything else. On that note, I was wondering what the general opinion about what MBTI type that your stereotypical news anchor would be? I would have to say ESFJ. A further analysis would be to question weather or not this person's actual type is that shown to the public, or an emulation based upon what would be most acceptable as a public informant.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I must say that watching the local news tends to enrage me more than anything else. On that note, I was wondering what the general opinion about what MBTI type that your stereotypical news anchor would be? I would have to say ESFJ. A further analysis would be to question weather or not this person's actual type is that shown to the public, or an emulation based upon what would be most acceptable as a public informant.

You seem close. I think it would be ExxJ, in general, actually. It does seem E and J, but most of the other letters could be made to fit.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I noticed this, because no matter where you are, or what station you are watching, every "news personality" (Ironic isn't it?) seems to be the same as the last.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
My guess would have been xSTP
It is not because you are on TV that you have to be E.
Factual and slightly detached make me think of S and T.
And as to the P... improvising seems like a constant challenge to anchors and that may suit a P better than a J.
The action-driven SP probably flourishes better in hectic environments than any other type.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
News anchors are plastic puppets blessed only with a breadth of emotional range, who happen to nevertheless, also be challenged by the shallows of both their intellectual and emotional depths.

Plus, they've increasingly become downright scary looking.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
News anchors are plastic puppets blessed only with a breadth of emotional range, who happen to nevertheless, also be challenged by the shallows of both their intellectual and emotional depths.

Plus, they've increasingly become downright scary looking.

I can't say I agree on this.
Is this a US-EU difference? The anchors of "my" news share an image of intelligence, reliability and detatched friendliness.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can't say I agree on this.
Is this a US-EU difference? The anchors of "my" news share an image of intelligence, reliability and detatched friendliness.

I think it's more an issue of transference. The evening news here in the US generally stinks, so people shoot the literal messenger. While every profession has its scoundrels and dim bulbs, I don't think that just because the news stinks the anchors must be both.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Still, there may be a point in the fact that it the news is of different quality, they ask different people to be anchor.
That may as well explain why I had a different suggestion on the typical type for anchors.
Where I live, anchors are journalists that present the news.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
You think most newscasters have an ENFJ persona, then?
It depends on the country. In France, Spain and Italy they are ENFJs for sure.
In Britain some of the ethnic anchors are ENFJs. The locals less so.
In Germany, Austria and Scandinavia the anchors tend to be ESFJs or ESTJs.

In all countries, the top journalists are ENFJs.
A newscaster is a journalist.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
:huh: I thought a journalist was the person who wrote the stories, and a newscaster the person who presented it on television.
The storywriter and the newscaster is one and the same person in Europe.
In America it may be different. I have no idea how you do it.
My guess is it is not different in America.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I could comment, however, most of the ENFJs here already hate me.
:peepwall:

Gonna get you at the bike rack after school, INTJ meatbag!! :D

It depends on the country. In France, Spain and Italy they are ENFJs for sure.
In Britain some of the ethnic anchors are ENFJs. The locals less so.
In Germany, Austria and Scandinavia the anchors tend to be ESFJs or ESTJs.

In all countries, the top journalists are ENFJs.
A newscaster is a journalist.

That's news to me! (delicious pun)

We have our local news desk "team" typed as an ESTJ female, an ESTJ male, an ISFJ female, an ISFJ/P male, an ISTJ female, and a curiously out of place INFJ weatherman. lol