• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blink 182

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I realize their lyrics are a little juvenile. Kinda geared towards the high school crowd but for some reason I've really grown to like them recently. Does anyone else enjoy this band?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I loved Blink 182's first 4 albums. Their live album is one of my favorite of all time. They were my first favorite band =)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Awesome. I'm not sure what their 4th album is. I've been listening to 'Take off your pants and jacket' a lot lately. I think I like 'Enema of the state' more but both are really solid albums.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
their first four albums in order were
Buddha (which was actually a demo)
Cheshire Cat (amazing album)
Dude Ranch(amazing album)
Enema of the State(first album they had travis barker as a drummer, not as amazing as the first 3 but still good)

I didn't really like any of the albums after Enema of the state, i'm not really sure why. I like a few select songs from the others, but not the whole album.

Their Live cd came out in 2001 i think. It's hilarious.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I gotcha. 'Take Off Your Pants and Jacket' is an excellent album in my opinion. It's the one after Enema. If you aren't crazy about Enema then I can see why you wouldn't have much interest in it though. I'm a drummer and love Travis' drumming. That's part of why I enjoy the band a lot.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
their first four albums in order were
Buddha (which was actually a demo)
Cheshire Cat (amazing album)
Dude Ranch(amazing album)
Enema of the State(first album they had travis barker as a drummer, not as amazing as the first 3 but still good)

I didn't really like any of the albums after Enema of the state, i'm not really sure why. I like a few select songs from the others, but not the whole album.

Their Live cd came out in 2001 i think. It's hilarious.

I was a big Chesire Cat & Dude Ranch fan. My boyfriend looooves them so I've been listening again a little, but I can't really get into much past Dude Ranch.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I didn't really dislike it, but I thought their sound had changed a bit. It was more "pop"ish.

agreed. It was almost a totally different sound especially with the songs on that album that became popular.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I liked Dude Ranch and Enema of the State, too, until I developed taste in music.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I realize their lyrics are a little juvenile. Kinda geared towards the high school crowd but for some reason I've really grown to like them recently. Does anyone else enjoy this band?

I like them:).
Have you heard "Adam's Song"? It's depressing but good and not as "juvenile" as the others. "What's My Age Again?" a good song too.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like Blink 182, they're catchy and fun. Adam's Song and I miss you are the more grown up-y ones. Angels and Airwaves is also another band which one of the singers (Matt?) Tom, went on to start, he's the main singer and they're quite good too :)

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like Blink 182, they're catchy and fun. Adam's Song and I miss you are the more grown up-y ones. Angels and Airwaves is also another band which one of the singers (Matt?) went on to start, he's the main singer and they're quite good too :)

EH. Tom Delong

Dude Ranch was my favorite album.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I used to but then I heard about this band called Green Day that was doing exactly the same thing twice as well.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not really...Green Day talks about politics :p

Not during the time Blink 182 was around competing with them. They were writing about pot, girls and masturbation then...with much better hooks and a far more obvious penchant for songwriting, I might add.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I used to but then I heard about this band called Green Day that was doing exactly the same thing twice as well.

Green Day is in the same boat, Dookie and Insomniac were good albums then they went to shit.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Green Day is in the same boat. Dookie and Insomniac were good albums then they went to shit.

That's what everyone says about every record that isn't the band's first. People can grow; "different from our first record" =/= "bad"