• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypoC's 2010-11 Official NFL Football Discussion Thread!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is the thread to discuss the season as it advances..

Who are the teams you are representing?

Post your thoughts on the games as they are happening.

This is the best time of the year!!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Eagles fan here,

But I got madd respect for Tom Brady.
I wish I would have picked up Welker when I had the opportunity. I wasn't aware of how well he recovered. 2 TDs already.

Is NE really that good, or is Cinci that bad?

What's the line on how long before Batman and Robin begin to fued?

I can't see how the Giants will fare better than Philly this year.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Will continue to root for the Chargers until L.A. gets an NFL team. San Diego + Los Angeles = So Cal = :solidarity:

:D

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
My Steelers are looking great. Hines Ward is making some beautiful catches. I'm pumped upppppppppp.

I'm surrounded by Redskins fans. Help me.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Go have a beer with your English Professor.

:reading:

I'm so glad we have Vick. That outcome could have been worse.

But with that, we have hope. :cheese:

Hakeem Nicks is THE MAN! 3TDs? That's what I'm talkin bout!!!

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
My 49ers and Bengals.

Whoever will be going all the way out of the NFC is either in the NFC East, or the Saints.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
GMEN!

Terrible start though. Was watching on a plane and almost jumped out. CATCH THE BALL.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My 49ers and Bengals.

Whoever will be going all the way out of the NFC is either in the NFC East, or the Saints.

This was a horrible week for NFC games. Horrible.

Green Bay was all hype, and so were the Cowboys. They need an offensive line IMMEDIATELY.

Are you a TO fan?

MBTI Type
INTJ
:reading:

I'm so glad we have Vick. That outcome could have been worse.

But with that, we have hope. :cheese:

I'm actually not glad we have Vick right now. The way I see it, we have no long term chance for success with him. By now everyone knows what kind of player he is. His ceiling is defined. But Kolb's ceiling is still unknown. The guy has three starts. But after one half of terrible football by him and one half of good football by Vick, people are calling for Vick to be the starter.

The thing is, no matter which one plays, we're not winning the Super Bowl this year. So you have to let Kolb play and see what you have in him. This is what you traded McNabb to see. But the fans (with the help of the media winding them up) will scream for Vick if he starts against Detroit and plays well. I think that would be terrible. I'm not interested in throwing Kolb overboard to salvage a 9-7 or 8-8 record this year but stunt the prospects for better things in the years to come.

I don't think it's going to matter, because with a week to prepare I can't see Vick taking the Lions by surprise and playing as well as he did this week. But still.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm actually not glad we have Vick right now. The way I see it, we have no long term chance for success with him. By now everyone knows what kind of player he is. His ceiling is defined. But Kolb's ceiling is still unknown. The guy has three starts. But after one half of terrible football by him and one half of good football by Vick, people are calling for Vick to be the starter.

The thing is, no matter which one plays, we're not winning the Super Bowl this year. So you have to let Kolb play and see what you have in him. This is what you traded McNabb to see. But the fans (with the help of the media winding them up) will scream for Vick if he starts against Detroit and plays well. I think that would be terrible. I'm not interested in throwing Kolb overboard to salvage a 9-7 or 8-8 record this year but stunt the prospects for better things in the years to come.

I don't think it's going to matter, because with a week to prepare I can't see Vick taking the Lions by surprise and playing as well as he did this week. But still.

The sensible IZ :solidarity:

The passionate, stanning IZ is :steam:at your idea, man.

But I call it like this- Screw saving face- you traded McNabb, so deal with it. Don't put Kolb out there to fall on his face (no pun intended) just to avoid the talking. Because they are going to talk- especially if McNabb comes to the Linc and runs all over us. Let Kolb play and learn, get his knocks, but let's try to balance it with some kind of stategy to keep us competitive. I don't see the sense in scrapping a whole season for the sake of his development. This year is just as good as any in the last few seasons to take the division and actually go somewhere. It's possible- the NFC is weak and there's no real stand out teams with the exception of the Saints really.

I'm divided man....This rebuild is going to hurt. Kolb looked HORRIBLE!

MBTI Type
INTJ
The sensible IZ :solidarity:

The passionate, stanning IZ is :steam:at your idea, man.

But I call it like this- Screw saving face- you traded McNabb, so deal with it. Don't put Kolb out there to fall on his face (no pun intended) just to avoid the talking. Because they are going to talk- especially if McNabb comes to the Linc and runs all over us. Let Kolb play and learn, get his knocks, but let's try to balance it with some kind of stategy to keep us competitive. I don't see the sense in scrapping a whole season for the sake of his development. This year is just as good as any in the last few seasons to take the division and actually go somewhere. It's possible- the NFC is weak and there's no real stand out teams with the exception of the Saints really.

I'm divided man....This rebuild is going to hurt. Kolb looked HORRIBLE!

To address your bolded parts, in order:

1. I fully endorse keeping Kolb out there to avoid the talking. Now that I don't live in Philly anymore, it's easy for me to see how toxic the WIP/fan/media complex is, and I hate seeing it ruin shit.

2. I don't think letting Kolb take his knocks necessarily hurts our competitiveness. I have very little confidence in Vick's ability to consistently win games over the course of a full season.

3. Kolb did look horrible. But he looked pretty decent in two full starts last year. This was one half against a good team where he got pretty poor protection. I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig here, I just think one half is too soon to rush to judgment on the relative competitiveness of the team with him at the helm.

I tend to think very much like the Eagles' management does. I have no interest in doing whatever it takes to be mildly competitive in any one particular year if it hurts the ability to be more successful over a number of years.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
To address your bolded parts, in order:

1. I fully endorse keeping Kolb out there to avoid the talking. Now that I don't live in Philly anymore, it's easy for me to see how toxic the WIP/fan/media complex is, and I hate seeing it ruin shit.

2. I don't think letting Kolb take his knocks necessarily hurts our competitiveness. I have very little confidence in Vick's ability to consistently win games over the course of a full season.

3. Kolb did look horrible. But he looked pretty decent in two full starts last year. This was one half against a good team where he got pretty poor protection. I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig here, I just think one half is too soon to rush to judgment on the relative competitiveness of the team with him at the helm.

I tend to think very much like the Eagles' management does. I have no interest in doing whatever it takes to be mildly competitive in any one particular year if it hurts the ability to be more successful over a number of years.

The little attention I paid to the talking out here is for people to keep Kolb. I haven't listened to WIP or read anything yet. But the reasoning I'm getting is that people figure that we paid this guy $12 million, you might as well let him play. HUH?:huh:

I remember when Kolb picked up after McNabb got hurt- he did well, Against the Saints, He held his own. So I don't know what happened in the past year. I don't think you can blame all his performance on the line man. If anything I think he got shook up early in the game and that just messed up his psyche for the rest of the game.

As for the rest -they are all good points. I just want this to be handled smartly. Maybe I'm just a brainwashed Philly fan. We'll see.