• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychoanalyze Salad Fingers

E

Epiphany

I would guess that he's Schizophrenic...amongst other things.

When I first saw these cartoons, they creeped me the fuck out. Now, I just think they're oddly amusing.

[YOUTUBE="P_zbGGNI7lo"]Salad Fingers - Picnic[/YOUTUBE]

ubee0173

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
i found the first ones amusing, but then they just gave me this awful 'you shouldnt be here' sort of feeling. poor salad fingers, i just want to hug him and gift him a rusty tap!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know if this person is schizophrenic...I don't see disjointed thought, necessarily. I'd say definitely someone who has had a fucked up life, maybe emotional or personality issues, maybe depression or bipolar disorder. I'd also guess INTx for personality type of the cartoonist.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Salad finger is so funny... I don't even know why it works. The guy has several animations but they're not funny.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking INTx for the cartoonist as well..

I've seen Saladfingers before.. this is one of the few cartoons I both love and can't.. watch.. so scary.. :sad:

Why does Smileyman suddenly come to mind?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm thinking INTx for the cartoonist as well..

I've seen Saladfingers before.. this is one of the few cartoons I both love and can't.. watch.. so scary.. :sad:

Why does Smileyman suddenly come to mind?

:laugh:

C'mon now, Smileyman is harmless.

Isn't he?

:cry:

E

Epiphany

i found the first ones amusing, but then they just gave me this awful 'you shouldnt be here' sort of feeling.

Interesting. What do you mean by that feeling, "you shouldn't be here?"

poor salad fingers, i just want to hug him and gift him a rusty tap!

Yeah, it makes you feel sorry for the guy. He kinda reminds me of Ed Gein, but that's probably because I just watched a documentary about him:

[YOUTUBE="-NEtihCRJZA"]Ed Gein[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know if this person is schizophrenic...I don't see disjointed thought, necessarily. I'd say definitely someone who has had a fucked up life, maybe emotional or personality issues, maybe depression or bipolar disorder. I'd also guess INTx for personality type of the cartoonist.

I just assumed that he was Schizophrenic because he has conversations with imaginary people.

ubee0173

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
yhe i shouldnt be here feeling... have you seen fear&loathing? if so, when they are in the bathroom and he is sniffing whatever off the other guys red woolen shirt, and the other guy walks in, stares for a second and then just leaves- that guy had the i shouldnt be here feeling. if youve never seen that, imagine walking in a big city through a tourist-safe area and then you look around and realize you took a wrong turn because the people you are passing now really are hookers, and no- that gut looking at you did not just sell a bag of baby powder. that feeling.

E

Epiphany

yhe i shouldnt be here feeling... have you seen fear&loathing? if so, when they are in the bathroom and he is sniffing whatever off the other guys red woolen shirt, and the other guy walks in, stares for a second and then just leaves- that guy had the i shouldnt be here feeling. if youve never seen that, imagine walking in a big city through a tourist-safe area and then you look around and realize you took a wrong turn because the people you are passing now really are hookers, and no- that gut looking at you did not just sell a bag of baby powder. that feeling.

I think I know that feeling. I've just never gotten it from watching something on television/movies/internet. :shrug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think I know that feeling. I've just never gotten it from watching something on television/movies/internet. :shrug:

I know what she means. I've gotten that feeling from watching certain things. Like that movie with Asia Argento where she gives the little boy drugs. Stuff that's twisted in a particular way that it feels like you've walked into a crazy person's mind.

At least that's my interpretation.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah.. I got that feeling when I'd walk into a room upstais at old friends' parties, and see them snorting miscellaneous ground-up pills or coke of their girlfriend's chests... it's just utterly ridiculous..

..backing away now..

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING RETARDED.

He's not schizo; he's just trying to be spooky and random.

E

Epiphany

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING RETARDED.

He's not schizo; he's just trying to be spooky and random.

If you say so, guy...

I'm not sure if you're referring to the cartoon character or the creator. I'm pretty sure Salad Fingers isn't trying to do anything considering that he's not real.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Your post seemed to imply that Salad Fingers was putting on a front, as if the cartoon had a will of its own.

You know, I apologize. I thought Salad Fingers was the artist's name. My bad.

Regarding the character, it's a little hard to say what his deal is because he lives in a fantasy where dolls talk and eat confectionery. When you blur the lines of fantasy and reality, a delusional psychotic person can be reclassified as sane.

On the other hand, when he looks into the mirror, he seems to really be trapped in his own world, which seems painful and torturous. Depression is an sure bet. Schizotypal would be a good second guess, followed by schizophrenia (bizarre/persecutory delusions).