• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2010 NFL Suicide Pool

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Who could have predicted the Titans would have 7 turnovers in one game? And they still had a chance to tie the game on the final play.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Who could have predicted the Titans would have 7 turnovers in one game? And they still had a chance to tie the game on the final play.

No one (even those familiar with Vince Young's body of work.) Suicide pools are remorseless killing machines.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So if the remaining (2?) people lose next week, do we start over? ;)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the Vikings will finally win a game this season and beat the Lions next week.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Congrats to INTPness for winning the Suicide Pool - Phase 1! It probably would have helped my chances to actually have made a pick in Week 3.

So now we're starting fresh with Week 4, and everyone can get in on the ground floor. Everyone's slate is wiped clean and all teams are available. Let's try this again!

Quick recap of the rules: This is not a one-week deal, it's a contest for the entire season or until everyone is eliminated but one person. What you need to do is pick one team each week that you think will win...that's it. You keep making a pick each week as long as you keep getting it right...if you get a pick wrong, you are out of the contest. You can register your pick here in the thread or via rep or wall post to me. Sounds easy, and it is...but there is a catch. You can only use each team ONE time during the season. If you pick the Saints in Week 4, you can never pick them again. This way you can't just pick the best team every week, you need to use strategery.

My pick for Week 4 is the Saints.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going to continue on in my journey for a perfect 17-0 season and a new car from EffEmDoubleYou since that's what he originally promised to anyone who could pull it off. :peepwall:

Tennessee Titans. :solidarity: (I just want to keep posting to see if I can pull it off - if I don't post the picks publicly for others to see, then I'll never know if I did it or not).

As for wiping the slate clean and starting fresh: Atlanta Falcons

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, Week 4 Results:

EffEm - Saints. WIN
Trentham - Packers. WIN
INTPness - Falcons. WIN

INTPness, looks like your quest for immortality went down with the Titans and that no good Chris Johnson (insert fantasy football-related anger here) this week.

For Week 5 I am picking the Colts.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
INTPness, looks like your quest for immortality went down with the Titans and that no good Chris Johnson (insert fantasy football-related anger here) this week.
Don't blame Johnson. Blame Heimerdinger and his retarded play calling. Teams are stacking the box against Johnson, and he's not calling plays to force defenses to play honestly.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is a tough week. Going with the Colts also, but I think there's more to KC this year than people realize. I think the (Colts -9) is a bit inflated, cuz (a) everyone loves the Colts and, (b) KC isn't getting enough credit yet. Should be Colts (-5) maybe?

I think the Colts will win the game (and they may even win by 28 points), but if you take the actual on-field play of these two teams (this year, not last year) into play, I don't think it warrants a line of (-9).

Pick: Colts

MBTI Type
INTJ
I saw a line of 8.5 on the Colts/Chiefs game and I'm sorely tempted to bet on the Colts. The Chiefs are 3-0, but one game was at home in a monsoon against a passing team and a notorious slow-starting team at that (Chargers) and the others were against the Browns and 49ers who are a combined 1-7. I think the Chiefs are improved this year and might even contend in their division, but they're due for a readjustment. And Matt Cassel is BRUTAL.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'll be the oddball of the group and take the Bengals over the Bucs.

Incidentally I also think the Chiefs are seriously due a correction, but I'd rather save my Colts pick for later.