• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Football Pool

Week 2

• Buccaneers at Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins at Vikings

• Bears at Cowboys

• Cardinals at Falcons

• Jaguars at Chargers

• Giants at Colts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I'm not really sure how this could be done, but is there a way for us/someone other than me to set up a weekly football pool?

I don't think money should be involved. Just a friendly, weekly game picking wherein we'd keep track of the winners and scores.

Maybe something with a weekly games poll that could be scrubbed/deleted and re-created every week.

Thoughts?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Maybe something like that with your poll selection being for the visitors team (first team on the poll option line?

In other words, not selecting the option means you believe the home team will win; and selecting it means you believe the visiting team will win.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
As Im an idiot Ill make it this way (bold means winning team)

Vikings at Saints
Dolphins at Bills
Lions at Bears
Colts at Texans
Falcons at Steelers
Browns at Buccaneers
Raiders at Titans
Bengals at Patriots
Broncos at Jaguars
Panthers at Giants
Cardinals at Rams
49ers at Seahawks
Packers at Eagles
Cowboys at Redskins
Ravens at Jets
Chargers at Chiefs

Theres a lot of close contests. Im hoping to see Vikings vs Saints, Packers vs Eagles or Ravens vs Jets. Those seems like good games. I didnt really follow pre-season so...

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think we should do this: Every week we'll pick who we think will win each game. Whoever wins Week 1, I will send $17 in the mail to that person. For purposes of remaining anonymous, the winner can pick a random store or business in their town where they know someone that works at that store/business and give a fake name (i.e., Bernie Kosar, Vinny Testaverde, Timothy Johnsonburg, Al Roker). I'll send the $17 to the fake name at the business/store address so they can get it. The winner of Week 1 would take out $1 (because they won) and then they would send the remaining $16 to the winner of Week 2. Each winner, takes $1 out and then the winner of Week 17 gets the final dollar sent to them. Yes, you'd have to pay for a stamp out of your winnings, but it'd be just for fun. And obviously we'd have to go on the honor system to keep the money circulating. I'm willing to risk $17 for the sake of some fun. *If* we get enough people, then I'd be willing to keep track of the winners each week. If it's only like 4 people, then it wouldn't be worth it.

We'd have to set the cut off for getting your picks in for Saturday night each week (or VERY early on Sunday) to keep things fair.

If you're interested, chime in!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^^After I proposed that and left the house, I realized how lame it might be. All that trouble for a buck. But, my thinking was to have something travel all over the United States (the money). Something along the lines of those "traveling gnomes" that people send to various random addresses and each new person who takes possession of him takes a picture of him in the new city. Like this guy:

Travelling gnome prank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
^^After I proposed that and left the house, I realized how lame it might be. All that trouble for a buck.
I appreciate your honestly.

Why don't we just go with the bragging-rights thing.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It'd be cool to do, just not enough people interested (yet). There's still 17 weeks...:steam:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
You and I are loners. We don't need anyone else.

Solidarity! :solidarity:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Lat and I tied wk one with 8.

I'll scrub the poll and make this weeks.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Wk 2 poll is done.

Remember, by selecting the box for a particular game you are stating that the visitor - team on the left - will win the game.

Good luck . . . you'll need it.

Will2911

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Ah I assume you're talking about Silly Boys Rugby, as I see no mention of the beautiful game here.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Such a weird teams you have there. MLS? I'll vote for Barca.