• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Comedians.

eyebyte

MBTI Type
INTj
*ahem*
mibbby.jpg

*cough*

Oh wait. I can't find my pic with him. . . but he's one of my favorites too.

Show off

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I will be going to see two of my favorites, Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis, next Friday.

Edit: Also Nick Swordson, Demetri Martin, and Andrea Savage but I'm not that familiar with them.

College Comedy Tour

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I will be going to see two of my favorites, Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis, next Friday.

Edit: Also Nick Swordson, Demetri Martin, and Andrea Savage but I'm not that familiar with them.

College Comedy Tour

Yes, Farell and Galifianakis are hilarious, but Demetri Martin is my favourite of those. Something about his non-committal, half-assed, naivistic style that simply gets me every time.

Edit: And he's got such charm. Makes me want to hug him like a teddy bear and keep him as a pet. And I'm male and straight.

alicia91

The Kids in the Hall?

Wow, that brings back memories. I wonder what ever happened to those guys?

My favorites:

Jeff Dunham
Bill Engvall
The gang on Reno 911
The gang on Whose Line is it Anyways with Drew Carey
Chelsea Handler
Ron White
South Park

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Merged some similar comedian-oriented threads.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i saw george carlin for the first time this weekend (i am one of those immigrants). he had me at hello and all the way through. hats off!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes, Farell and Galifianakis are hilarious, but Demetri Martin is my favourite of those. Something about his non-committal, half-assed, naivistic style that simply gets me every time.

Edit: And he's got such charm. Makes me want to hug him like a teddy bear and keep him as a pet. And I'm male and straight.

Demetri Martin was pretty funny but I had seen almost all of his jokes already on Youtube. So it was kind of a letdown. He is adorable, though.

Nick Swordson was HILARIOUS. I cried. I was not expecting that. He had this bit about his grandma playing her swing music from the 40s, and how when he's old he'll be playing gangster rap.

Zach Galifianakis, though, was the real treat that night. Mainly it was because he's from North Carolina so it was a home crowd, and he made some home crowd references (i.e. Bojangles and the K&W Cafeteria). For his "grand finale" he took off his clothes and had on a Little Orphan Annie outfit underneath, and he lip synched to "Tomorrow" while flipping through some pre-written stuff on a big flip pad like Demetri Martin uses. I've since seen this on Youtube as well, but I hadn't seen it yet then so it was a surprise. So I kind of wish I hadn't googled Demetri Martin before the show.

And of course, Will Farrell was a dreamboat. The highlights of his parts (he came out in between each of the other acts) were his Q&A during which he rode around on a Jazzy and wore a bikini T-shirt, and his interview as Ron Burgundy with Coach Roy Williams of the UNC men's basketball team. (Big time celeb around here, as all Chapel Hillians eat sleep and breathe basketball.)

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Demetri Martin was pretty funny but I had seen almost all of his jokes already on Youtube. So it was kind of a letdown. He is adorable, though.

Nick Swordson was HILARIOUS. I cried. I was not expecting that. He had this bit about his grandma playing her swing music from the 40s, and how when he's old he'll be playing gangster rap.

Zach Galifianakis, though, was the real treat that night. Mainly it was because he's from North Carolina so it was a home crowd, and he made some home crowd references (i.e. Bojangles and the K&W Cafeteria). For his "grand finale" he took off his clothes and had on a Little Orphan Annie outfit underneath, and he lip synched to "Tomorrow" while flipping through some pre-written stuff on a big flip pad like Demetri Martin uses. I've since seen this on Youtube as well, but I hadn't seen it yet then so it was a surprise. So I kind of wish I hadn't googled Demetri Martin before the show.

And of course, Will Farrell was a dreamboat. The highlights of his parts (he came out in between each of the other acts) were his Q&A during which he rode around on a Jazzy and wore a bikini T-shirt, and his interview as Ron Burgundy with Coach Roy Williams of the UNC men's basketball team. (Big time celeb around here, as all Chapel Hillians eat sleep and breathe basketball.)

Cool! Sounds unreal to get all of that in one show! I soo envy you! But I see from your comments that they did material they've done before, so I guess I can look up their individual acts and get some of it (though it never comes close to being there live). Not youtube, though. That disassembles it so much you loose it all (unless I find whole shows broken down in numbered parts).

Thanks a lot for the update, I'm glad it was as good as you hoped. :)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like mitch hedberg, david cross, and jerry seinfeld

i saw something with jim gaffigan that seemed pretty funny too. i like interviews more than routines, generally, or comedy writing delivered in a more complex way than a comedy schtick. chappelle is a genius.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
George Carlin
A god among comedians, he went much too soon. :(

Louis CK
He makes me laugh until my sides hurt. Probably my favorite living comedian.

Other comedians that I really enjoy:

Jim Gaffigan
David Cross
Patton Oswalt
Brian Posehn
Sarah Silverman
(Her show is hilarious.)
Ron White
Brian Regan
(Although, lately, he's been mugging more and more, and I'm beginning to lose interest.)

Adversely, comedians that I absolutely can not stand:

Dane Cook (When was this guy EVER funny?)
Carlos Mencia (Please, Carlos, go away, you aren't even a cut-rate David Chappelle.)
Larry the Cable Guy (Why does Ron White hang out with this nimrod?)

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think the thread needs a Louis C.K. clip.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXYrThC3N3I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXYrThC3N3I[/YOUTUBE]

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Also love Hedberg and Patton Oswalt. Also Eddie Izzard, Ricky Gervais and Dara O' Briain. I think I've watched Oswalt's Comedy Central special about 6 times, and I still laugh out loud every time. Same with all of Izzard's specials.