• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Comedians.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well... right now I can think of:

1. Abbot and Costello

2. Bill Cosby

3. Johnny Carson

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Considering the tremendous bias so far I decided to name some non-Americans.

Peter Cook
Spike Milligan
John Cleese
Tommy Cooper

By the way, I thought everyone knows George W. Bush is the best American comedian ever. Every time I see George W. Bush on TV I start laughing, not many people are capable of that these days.;)

Edit:

Seriously, Richard Pryor and Groucho Marx are the best American comedians ever.

Conill

MBTI Type
INFP
Conan O'Brien is funny, I watch when ever I can.

But Eddie Izzard is definitely my favorite! so so hilarious~ :yes:
there's lots of vids on youtube, I watch them over and over again :)

..and they are just about the only comedians I know 8D

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Bill Hicks,
Mick Hedberg,
Ricky Gervais (not everything he touches turns to gold, but I like his approach. His standups, especially Animals, is awsome.)

Comedy in general:
Whose line, especially the british version, but I like the american as well. CzeCze, I agree that the american version is much worse and in addition to Drew Carey not being funny, I think most of it is because of the stricter American censorship. I still like it though.
(These outtakes from the american version shows some of the problems: YouTube - Whose Line Is It Anyways (Outtakes Pt. 1) YouTube - Whose Line Is It Anyways (Outtakes Pt. 2) )

Monty Python. 4 evah.

Mock the week.

Hm.. the list goes on, but I can't remember any more at the moment.

Oh, Curb your enthusiasm and Arrested Development (!!!) of course, but now we're moving more and more away from "Comedians" I guess.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
Bill Hicks,
Mick Hedberg,
Ricky Gervais (not everything he touches turns to gold, but I like his approach. His standups, especially Animals, is awsome.)

Comedy in general:
Whose line, especially the british version, but I like the american as well. CzeCze, I agree that the american version is much worse and in addition to Drew Carey not being funny, I think most of it is because of the stricter American censorship. I still like it though.
(These outtakes from the american version shows some of the problems: YouTube - Whose Line Is It Anyways (Outtakes Pt. 1) YouTube - Whose Line Is It Anyways (Outtakes Pt. 2) )

Monty Python. 4 evah.

Mock the week.

Hm.. the list goes on, but I can't remember any more at the moment.

Oh, Curb your enthusiasm and Arrested Development (!!!) of course, but now we're moving more and more away from "Comedians" I guess.
OMGoodness... I love Monty Python! :thumbup:

One of my favorite, favorite Whose Line is it Anyways is the one with Richard Simmons!!! It's SO bad, it's good!!! :yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_ They are all such good sports!!!

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I should shoot you. :dry:

It was actually funny in a very different way. Made me feel very uncomfortable though. :blush:

It would take some huge balls to do that even if it was intentionally. :yes:

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
:eek:

I'd like to see them get away with that on American Television.

Speaking of comedy, I just saw the November opening clip of SNL that Obama did. I'm starting to love that guy.

Dammit, I can't watch that untill I can get back on a computer with broadband. I'm still very much in the dark ages.

AfterHours

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Todd Barry, David Cross, Lewis Black, Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn. I recently saw Maria Bamford as well as Michael Showalter, though I preferred him on Stella.

persianeyes

MBTI Type
INFP
Have you heard of the axis of evil comedy tour?
It basically a group of American-middle eastern comedians trying to educate Americans, sending out the messege- Hi i'm Middle Eastern! Don't worry i don't bite :)

if your interested check this out:

YouTube - Stand-Up Comedy: Arab-American comedians in New York

YouTube - Aron Kader - 2008 New York Arab American Comedy Festival

YouTube - Maz Jobrani ( Iran calls America)

YouTube - Maz Jobrani

YouTube - Maz Jobrani - Persians and Arabs

I promise, you will be laughing your asses off!

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
My favorite comedians are as follow:

George Carlin
Robin Williams
Jeff Dunham

But beings as these guys havent done much recent stand up im not that interested in actual comedians. At the moment im into

"The Whitest Kids U'Know" show on IFC if you havent heard of it check this out.

THE WHITEST KIDS U'KNOW ON IFC. UNCUT & UNCENSORED

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Michael Ian Black <3

*ahem*
mibbby.jpg

Michael Showalter, though I preferred him on Stella.

*cough*

Oh wait. I can't find my pic with him. . . but he's one of my favorites too.