• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nine Princes in Amber

O

Oberon

Since I turned my son (age 12) onto these books, he's been reading through them like fire through a house trailer. He left the first book in the series (Nine Princes in Amber) laying out, and I picked it up and started reading it again for the first time in fifteen years.

It's good. A little campy, more than a little dated, but still good.

It will probably never see film, but if it did I want Christian Bale as Corwin.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I said, I want to see Christian Bale as Corwin.

He's definitely a hottie.

(And a fine actor too.)

I wonder how many people here have read Amber. (I have -- the first AND the second series.) Of course you are fully aware that the name "Oberon" shows up in one of the titles...?

O

Oberon

He's definitely a hottie.

(And a fine actor too.)

I wonder how many people here have read Amber. (I have -- the first AND the second series.) Of course you are fully aware that the name "Oberon" shows up in one of the titles...?

Yes, The Hand of Oberon. It's on my shelf at the house.

The interesting thing about casting it is that that the Amber aristocracy are more or less non-aging. They can be killed, but they're not going to die of natural causes. Like anyone, they can look older or younger depending on the condition they're in. After three years in a dungeon Corwin looks fifty, whereas normally he appears about thirty.

David Spade isn't too old to play Random.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...David Spade isn't too old to play Random.

That's funny... because it's not actually that bad casting. If you scruff him up a bit, and get him to stop cracking cynical jokes all the time.

O

Oberon

That's funny... because it's not actually that bad casting. If you scruff him up a bit, and get him to stop cracking cynical jokes all the time.

Yes, Random is kind of like a serious David Spade. That works.

Oberon himself would be... who? Someone physically large, with a personal presence to match.

Robbie Coltrane?