• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that shouldn't have had a sequel

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
What's that you say?

The worst sequel I can think of is Transformers.

I haven't seen the sequel to transformers... but I think it would be hard to produce something worse than highlander 2. Have you seen it? Apparently, all those immortals who could only be killed by having their heades cut off were all aliens from another planet, a bit like superman. That has to rate as one of the worst excuses for a sequel I've heard of.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
urmmm.... I think everyone's forgetting the Mask's sequel... - I'm pretty sure the Mask 2 is why Jim Carey 'doesn't do sequels'.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still waiting for Showgirls 2 to come out.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Star Wars needs to kind of go away. It's old and I'm afraid society is too content with unoriginality (in the sense of that people aren't willing to go beyond the mainstream, it of course was its own idea but it's the 2010's now)

Yes it's sad that someone's father is evil over a fantasy universe who has had a murderous past out of frustration but is easily excused because he's old and has a respirator and has a cool black man's voice.

But it really doesn't teach you anything. I never ever have felt any sense of wonder, sense of wanting to be better, or any benefit to human society of even to myself after watching Star Wars. I feel empty and useless knowing that it's overhyped and you gotta know it so you don't feel like you lived under a rock and if you didn't like it, it was only to your disadvantage.

No space show I have found better than Star Trek: The Next Generation

Unique characters, moral of the story was evident, human consciousness in new places was explored, love outside ourselves, what is our role in the universe, trials and companionship, teamwork, so many possibilities to be explored and philosophical questions abound.

Data and Worf were such lovable characters. I mean I was never really disappointed with them in their roles because they were so unique and yet lovable and new to try and bracket your own experience into.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- The latest Shrek movies. Totally random and very good family entertainment. 1&2 are good movies though.
- Kung Fu panda
- Most Disney films.
- Legally Blonde 2
- Kill Bill 2
- The Hobbit. They shouldn't have made it a trilogy.

Tengri

Alien comes to mind (including Prometheus). Or all the Predator sequels *sigh*

I agree with wolfnara, most 90s Disney films should've been standalone movies. That and Land Before Time...it has 13 sequels. They took a Don Bluth, George Lucas/Steven Spielberg classic and gutted it. :dry:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alien comes to mind (including Prometheus). Or all the Predator sequels *sigh*

I agree with wolfnara, most 90s Disney films should've been standalone movies. That and Land Before Time...it has 13 sequels. They took a Don Bluth, George Lucas/Steven Spielberg classic and gutted it. :dry:

Aliens was pretty good though.

- - - Updated - - -

American Pie. Seriously, if you count all of the spinoffs, it's pretty ridiculous.

Also, Scary Movie.

American Psycho.