• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

''Period Pieces'' - err, snatching a glimpse at menstrual art...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I created this thread nearly a decade ago.

And here we are now.

This Woman Smears Menstrual Blood On Her Face To Combat Period Stigma

Just follow the link above for details on this new art that’s going to take the world by red storm.

How far is too far for celebrating your reproductive system? How does this normalize anything?
Thoughts?

Also- to those present who were also present that this thread’s conception - you’re welcome.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Taking the art world by storm, and painting the town red at the same time.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Taking the art world by storm, and painting the town red at the same time.

And here I was, hoping it dries before she leaves the house, so the town is spared of any paint transfer. Optimist that I am.

Greed

#1 thot
what the fresh hell is this?

all humans pee and it's mostly clean, but you don't see me smearing pee all over myself.

people think they are making statements when they do this, but really they are just attention whores covering themselves in gross shit.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no period stigma... that's like saying there is a shit stigma. Ain't no one wanna see that shit literally or figuratively, and should remain that way. That is private, and should be kept private. It is sad that some women think this is helping people understand menstruating. Its more or less making them feel alienated and awkward instead. No amount of wool in your vagina is gonna make it any less gross.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no period stigma... that's like saying there is a shit stigma. Ain't no one wanna see that shit literally or figuratively, and should remain that way. That is private, and should be kept private. It is sad that some women think this is helping people understand menstruating. Its more or less making them feel alienated and awkward instead. No amount of wool in your vagina is gonna make it any less gross.

I think the "art" is dumb. BUT there is a stigma, or at least, there used to be. I recall teenaged boys on the school bus freaking out over an unused tampon falling out of someone's bag, like it was the most disgusting thing ever. And time again and again, those boys making idiotic sexist remarks about female bodies. If I'd had the power, they'd have had periods with debilitating cramps and blood and horrible PMS.