• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Overrated Movies, Books, Musicians, etc.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Ever heard the Sugababes hear sing live? HORRIBLE!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the beatles.....yes i said it!

Actually, a lot of people say that. The Beatles are so highly praised that anyone that wants to be cool by going against the establishment has to say the Beatles are over-rated Rolling Stone Magazine crap.

My thoughts are that they might be over-rated, but they are also one of my favorite bands. The Beatles are in the odd position of being better than almost anyone and yet still being over-rated. I think it's the way they are verging on modern mythology. They are almost spiritually iconified.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
12 monkeys
Twilight (someone convinced me to read it I just threw the book out when I was done, worst weekend of my life. I kept reading more being like maybe it will get better never did)
I Like harry potter, but I've never creamed myself over the books or the movie. I'll read them once and I'm not upset about it but could never get into them like my friends are.

oh and you can't say something's over rated unless you've seen it/read it. I agree titanic was over rated when it came out but i actually saw the movie.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Juno - Let's make teenage pregnancy look cute - BARF. I also wanted to smack the Ellen Page character across the face. NOT CUTE.

Beorn

Permabanned
Once

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I just didn't think it was that great.

Idioteque

Bands:

Nickelback
Dragonforce
Metallica
Iron Maiden
... basically any 80's metal band.
Yngwie Malmsteen
Steve Vai
Toto
Any band that plays any kind of genre wich ends with -core..
Santana

Movies:

Titanic
every fucking steven spielberg movie

Books:

Everything by Dan Brown and Stephanie Meyers, Moby Dick

Why do you guys call Radiohead overrated? Sure their music isn't for everyone and many pretentious, quasi-intellectuals namedrop them when asked what kind of music they're into, but Radiohead are still original. Overrated is when many people are into something or give it alot of praise when the truth is it has nothing new or original to offer.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Thread on underrated - This is one of my favorite XXXX

Thread on overrated - Your favorite shit sucks

Overrated: The Godfather, The Shawshank Redemption, Zeta Gundam, Fight Club, Lord of the Rings (books and films), Conan the Barbarian

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I just didn't think it was that great.

Agreed! I had a friend who raved over it, and so I think my expectations were too high as well....

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
All of you are overrated.

Nuh-uh! I am consistently underrated. I'm misunderstood and misanthropic and all that. I won't have you messing with it.

Also, "Shakespeare In Love" sucked. Like, really sucked.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I haven't read any of his books, so I can't say for certain but Chuck Palahniuk seems to get too much attention. Mostly from the hipster scene.

Kibou-chan

MBTI Type
INFP
Ke$ha or whatever STUPID-ASS way she's spelling her name this week! What the HELL is so wonderful about this girl who talks (I refuse to refer to that revolting sound that comes out of her throat as "singing") in a cloying valley girl accent that makes me wanna bitch slap her about how great she is while she's out being a good-for-nothing WHORE?!?! Her songs are TERRIBLE in EVERY WAY. From a musical standpoint they're boring as @#@(U@# and her voice makes me want to punch a defenseless child. Lyrically, they're horrifying. Morally... I don't have to say it. There is absolutely nothing good about them.

The fact that someone like her can even become a famous and respected "artist" in the first place makes me want to off myself.

Uggggh. Vent. Vent. Vent.