• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Photobooks

Lark

I only recently bought a book of photographs from the National Geographic, pretty much because I never had money for this before, I never saw one produced in the smaller format which I wanted for my book shelf or car and I always thought them a bit of an indulgence contra the written word.

However, that said I love this book and I've been looking at a book on dream destinations, it is a travel book which has lots of photos which I'm thinking about buying because of the photos.

Does anyone else have favourite photobooks or recommendations? Is it the sort of thing you'd want to own or would you just loan it from the library or a friend? Do you also keep photo albums or take pictures with your phone or camera?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have bins upon bins full of photographs but I haven't stuck them in photo albums yet. I keep thinking it will be something to keep me busy when I'm old and nostalgic, haha.

Fave photo books?

Gregory Crewdson - 1985-2005

logo2-2.jpg

Gregory Crewdson - Beneath The Roses

2324745986_10a3411562.jpg

Robert & Shana ParkeHarrison - The Architect's Brother

architectsbrothe-5d030e4bcd74fd2.jpg

William A. Ewing - The Body

393706272_7bd6679410.jpg

William A. Ewing - Love & Desire

love_and_desire_large.jpg

EDIT: I own all the above except 'Beneath The Roses' but I hope to perhaps one day own it. I rarely spend that kind of money on one book but these were special to me. Some were gifts but some I saved up to buy (I dearly love 'The Architect's Brother' and didn't eat decent food for awhile back in 2004 when I bought it).

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i love this:

517Q590EDSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and richard avedon really brought fashion and style to vogue:
411etYElZkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51H3HH62TML._SL500_AA300_.jpg