• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

re-reading books

do you reread books that you like?

• Total voters

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I reread favorites of mine on a fairly regular schedule.
Some of them include:

JRR Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" (once every five years or so)

Stephen King's earlier works (such as Firestarter, The Dead Zone, IT, The Stand, etc.).. usually 1-2 King books a year

Ursula K. LeGuinn's Earthsea works.... usually once a year.

Neil Gaiman's Sandman series... Once a year

Stephen R. Donaldson's Thomas Covenant series... once every 2-3 years

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Stephen R. Donaldson's Thomas Covenant series... once every 2-3 years

I love this!!!! I am waiting for the next in the Further Chronicles tho I haven't enjoyed them as much as the originals but I do love meeting the various "peoples" again!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love this!!!! I am waiting for the next in the Further Chronicles tho I haven't enjoyed them as much as the originals but I do love meeting the various "peoples" again!

I have the first two and have only read the first (back when it first came out). The next is due for release in Oct 2010, and there will be one final book before it's finished.

I didn't find Book #1 nearly as good as the others, but I'm willing to give it all a try. I just sort of never bothered to read the ones coming out because I knew I'd have to wait about 3 years between titles and I'd forget the details of what I had read.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
wow... books are CHEAP here... I buy used books for $1 or $2 usually, and most paperbacks I buy are around $7.99 or so :huh:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Ah, so we're listing the books we re-read..

Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune by Frank Herbert
Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
Anything by Osho
my favorites by Dostoevsky

These books have never lost their allure to me. Something in them stirs me deep inside.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been re-reading books I haven't read in 10-20 years. It's almost like they're new again. So far this year:

Moby Dick
Infinite Jest
Blood Meridian