• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

StarCraft 2

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Has anyone else bought and installed it yet? I got my copy right after midnight, 12:01. I've been a big fan of StarCraft and its expansion since they came out and I've been waiting for this game for 12 years! And as I installed it last night I am desperately trying to get used to the new units and structures for each of the races.

Who else plays?:hi:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I'll be buzzing out of holidayville back into the UK on Thursday. On Friday I'll be picking up my copy :D

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Hell yes I've got it. I'm a Protoss player btw.

I'm more of a protoss and zerg player. Terran have never had any appeal for me really. But my best friend plays terran, so that balances things out a bit. ;)

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have this game. It's awesome so far. I played a couple of online matches as my favorite race (yes i'm racist when it comes to starcraft), the protoss, which brought back alot of memory. I tried out my favorite strat in starcraft 1 in starcraft II which was to mass produce carriers on team battle and I'am happy it still work wonders. I'm kind of dissapointed that I did not see dragoon return (or maybe I missed them or Blizz renamed the unit), in any case I haven't had much time with the game because college is kicking my ass. But, I'm definately looking into spending alot more of my free time into the game. Hopefully I can finish the story mode this time around because in the first game, after reading the summary of the story, I lost interest in finishing the campaign.

My dilemma with games is when the story is good, I usually cannot wait to see what will happen so I end up reading the story in the internet. Afterward, I usually cannot finish the game because my motivation dissapear. Sigh, these days I'm lucky if I finish a game at all. Hoping Starcraft II is different.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I have this game. It's awesome so far. I played a couple of online matches as my favorite race (yes i'm racist when it comes to starcraft), the protoss, which brought back alot of memory. I tried out my favorite strat in starcraft 1 in starcraft II which was to mass produce carriers on team battle and I'am happy it still work wonders. I'm kind of dissapointed that I did not see dragoon return (or maybe I missed them or Blizz renamed the unit), in any case I haven't had much time with the game because college is kicking my ass. But, I'm definately looking into spending alot more of my free time into the game. Hopefully I can finish the story mode this time around because in the first game, after reading the summary of the story, I lost interest in finishing the campaign.

My dilemma with games is when the story is good, I usually cannot wait to see what will happen so I end up reading the story in the internet. Afterward, I usually cannot finish the game because my motivation dissapear. Sigh, these days I'm lucky if I finish a game at all. Hoping Starcraft II is different.

The deal with dragoons is that they kind of renamed them. The stalkers, which are now the replacement for dragoons are supposed to be the dark templar's version of the dragoon. They're very similar.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm thinking of buying the game on Monday...but I'm kinda afraid I'll get addicted so I probably won't buy it .

Starcraft Broodwar was the game of my childhood...the whole neighborhood played it on LAN... it was AWESOME.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'll likely buy a copy. I never got into the original, but I did like Age of Empires and some of the early warcraft games. I'm a little disappointed that the system requirements are as high as they are... my macbook pro's not 2.5 years old yet, and it's basically exactly what's listed as the "minimum requirements". I could upgrade the RAM, but I'm not excited about dropping $$ on it and having a lousy experience. So I may wait for a while.

Any mac-users out there given it a shot yet?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I'll likely buy a copy. I never got into the original, but I did like Age of Empires and some of the early warcraft games. I'm a little disappointed that the system requirements are as high as they are... my macbook pro's not 2.5 years old yet, and it's basically exactly what's listed as the "minimum requirements". I could upgrade the RAM, but I'm not excited about dropping $$ on it and having a lousy experience. So I may wait for a while.

Any mac-users out there given it a shot yet?

You might not be willing to play it on that. I'm going to buy it next week, because currently it's sold out and I'll be playing it on a 13" macbook pro (the one that came out june 2009) with a NVIDIA Geforce 9400m 4gb ram core 2 duo 2.53ghz. I'll tell you how it works out. Even so my gpu isn't much higher than the minimum requirement. Supposedly it runs 15% faster if you boot into windows xp.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
You might not be willing to play it on that. I'm going to buy it next week, because currently it's sold out and I'll be playing it on a 13" macbook pro (the one that came out june 2009) with a NVIDIA Geforce 9400m 4gb ram core 2 duo 2.53ghz. I'll tell you how it works out. Even so my gpu isn't much higher than the minimum requirement. Supposedly it runs 15% faster if you boot into windows xp.

My macbook pro's the March 2007 17" version. It still does a great job on everything else, so I'd not want to replace it for a game that I may or may not get into. I do have a dual-boot to Windows7, but from the requirements it looks like I'd potentially have older-hardware-issues either way. I hope it works out for you - thanks for letting me know how it goes :)

jixmixfix

Permabanned

The minimum requirement is a 2.4 ghz single core, you have a dual so you're still good ;)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Has anyone else bought and installed it yet? I got my copy right after midnight, 12:01. I've been a big fan of StarCraft and its expansion since they came out and I've been waiting for this game for 12 years! And as I installed it last night I am desperately trying to get used to the new units and structures for each of the races.

Who else plays?:hi:

The only thing that pisses me off is the no lan play, everyone over the internet is angry about. Other than that you can't really complain.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, As I said I bought the game and have been playing it. I've just been having problems with it so far. After a bit of playing, the performance drops and eventually my whole computer just turns off.

I have a six month old computer that can't handle SC2! It's rediculous. 3gb of ram, 500gb hard drive, 2.6 ghz pentium dual core cpu.

I'm just not sure about the video card on this thing...:doh: