• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Share your favorite Music

Unique

YouTube - 04 - The Haughs O'Cromdale

EDIT: The lyrics shouldn't be taken very seriously, since it's complete fiction. The "hero" of the song died 40 years before the battle of Cromdale, and the battle itself was actually the defeat that ended the first Jacobite rising... But anyway, it's a great and inspiring song... And besides, it contains the words "The loyal Stewarts, with Montrose, So boldly set upon their foes, And brought them down with Highland blows, Upon the Haughs of Cromdale.", in chorus... Makes me like the song even more :D

lol i watched the whole thing o_O reminds me of power metal.... without the metal part...

redacted

Somewhat Damaged by NIN... first song on The Fragile.

Fucking brilliant; every single sound in the whole song is a metaphor for the message...incredible...

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Favorite Composers:
Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Mahler, Richard Strauss, Sibelius, Bruckner

Favore music groups:
Gröûp X, Rammstein, Great Big Sea, Muse, Koop

Favorite artists/other:
Bjork, Steven Sondheim, Jacques Brel, Irish and Hungarian Folk

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Uncle Tupelo! I'm getting daaaaangerously close to the Country border.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
here's some albums
Apparat & Ellen Allien "Orchestra Of Bubbles"
Blonde Redhead "23"
The Bug "London Zoo"
Burial "Untrue"
The Cooper Temple Clause "Kick Up The Fire, And Let The Flames Break Loose"
The Fiery Furnaces "Blueberry Boat"
The Flaming Lips - "The Soft Bulletin"
Godspeed You Black Emperor! "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven"
Led Zeppelin "I"
Low "The Great Destroyer"
Madvillain "Madvillainy"
Max Richter "The Blue Notebooks"
Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"
Outkast "Aquemini"
Rachels "System/Layers"
The Roots "Things Fall Apart"
A Silver Mt. Zion "He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms"
Skream "Skream!"
The Walkmen "You & Me"

FiddichGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Some favorites are Anathema-Sleepless in 96,Type O Negative-Pyretta Blaze,Duran Duran-Hold Back The Rain

I luv "Hold Back the Rain" and their version of "Come Up and See Me...Make Me Smile" (only available on import or EP...also "Save a Prayer"...Yes, I was a "Duranie" complete with black satin Duran Duran Jacket and white oxford shoes!!!! Oh my! My age is surely showing through!!!!:blush:

FiddichGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Junior High - Huey Lewis and the News (The Police, Pet Shop Boys, Meatloaf (my mom's stuff), Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Prince and Casey Kasem's Top 40 most every Saturday with my friend John - INFP)

High School - The Smiths (U2, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Big Country, The Alarm, Midnight Oil, Love and Rockets, Stone Roses)

College - Pixies (Charlatans UK, Nirvana, Mission UK, Radiohead, and most of the same bands as in high school)

Grad school - Pavement (much House and breakbeat rave stuff)

Job #1 - Modest Mouse (Coldplay, Built to Spill, can't quite remember)

Job #2 - Spoon (Wolf Parade, LCD Sound System, the Decemberists, Queens of the Stone Age, Beirut, etc.)

Now you can probably guess my approximate age.

35-40?

lane777

nevermore
Gravitate towards ambient, classical, or rock.

Muse, Motley Crue, Darren Hayes, Savage Garden, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Elvis Presley, Beach Boys, Michael Buble, Petra, Collective Soul, Shawn Mcdonald, U2, Led Zep, to name a few.

beth21

MBTI Type
EN_P
Enneagram
7or6
new here but my list is long... Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Patty Griffin, REM, My Morning Jacket, Kings of Leon, David Gray... and the list goes on and on and on.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I like anything that sounds interesting. Favorite by far is Rush.

Others include System of a Down, Foxy Shazam!, The Flaming Lips, The Birthday Massacre, Nine Inch Nails, Daft Punk, The Beatles, Blind Guardian, Pink Floyd, all sorts of jazz, and some classical music, though I have not heard as much of it as I would like.

Last edited:

polarmonk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
At the moment, The Smiths, Elliott Smith, R.E.M. and Sigur Ros seem to be favourites. I've had Murmur by R.E.M. on repeat for several days..
I like anything with interesting lyrics and an original melody.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sibelius, Lives In The Balance [Jackson Browne], Zulal [Armenian], the Bohnhoffs, Free will [Rush], Canon In D [Pachelbel], TM Sounderarajan [esp. Paattum Naanum], How Many Times aka Blowing In The Wind [Bob Dylan], etc.
I tend to learn songs I really enjoy.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Currently, I'm in the mood for:

1. Jann Arden - Insensitive
2. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me
3. John Legend - Green Light
4. Ercola & Heikki L- Deep At Night

Maya

MBTI Type
INFJ
I love music, and when I'm drawing or painting or just creating stuff in general, I tend to be listening to music. Summing up what I listen to isn't easy for me because I always feel like I'm leaving something out if I use a simple sentence to sum it up.

So... how about a long explanation?

I made a mix cd for myself a few months ago to listen to in the car...and I've enjoyed the mix so much that I've been using it as an example of what I listen to on various forums!

Leona Naess - Calling
The Magnetic Fields - Love is Lighter Than Air
Wilco and Billy Bragg - Hesitating Beauty
The Field Mice - Canada
Louis Armstrong - The Dummy Song
Nick Drake - One of These Things First
George Harrison - Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Sam Cooke - (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons
She & Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?
The Features - The Idea of Growing Old
Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
David Gray - Babylon
Brisa Roché - Dial Me Up
Sara Bareilles - Love Song
Louis Prima - When You're Smiling/The Sheik Of Araby
Walter Meego - Forever

With music, I tend to have phases. When I leave a phase, I still enjoy the music, but I get "tired" and move onto something that feels more fresh to me and then revisit things from phases later on in a less obsessed way.

For a while I was huge into twee pop, listening exclusively to stuff like The Field Mice, All Girl Summer Fun Band, The Magic Whispers, Hello Saferide, The Snow Fairies, The Camera Casanovas!, etc.

Then I was hugely into trip-hop stuff like Bjork, Massive Attack, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Microbunny, Conjure One, Ruby, Rob Dougan, Moby, etc.

Then another time I was huge into weird folk stuff like Devendra Banhart, Joanna Newsom, Scout Niblett, Iron and Wine, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Vashti Bunyan, etc.

Back in high school and before, I was more into rock/punk/against the man stuff, like Weezer, Social Distortion, bis, Green Day, Rancid, MXPX, NoFx, Sublime, Everclear, Eve6, Third Eye Blind, Stabbing Westward, Matchbox Twenty, etc

I've also been in the general "indie" phase as well, including stuff like of Montreal, The Magnetic Fields, Bright Eyes, Neutral Milk Hotel, Apples in Stereo, The Decemberists, Death Cab for Cutie, Marshmallow Coast, Essex Green, Cat Power, etc

And again I was into general pop type stuff, adult alternative, type stuff, including Poe, Madonna, Sheryl Crow, Sarah McLachlan, Dido, Ani DiFranco, Melissa Ferrick, Annie, Aimee Mann, Duncan Sheik, Trespassers William, Vienna Teng, Beth Orton, Darren Hanlon, Imogen Heap,

Also a shoegazey type phase including Mazzy Star, Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, etc

Also was into general country/folk type stuff as well, including Cat Stevens, The Innocence Mission, Hanne Hukkleberg,

Then there was the older stuff phase, including Sal Mineo, Nat King Cole, Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, The Zombies, Chad & Jeremy, Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, etc.

Inbetween all of these phases, I have these downtimes where I just listen to everything on random(shuffe if you use iTunes like I do), or I make playlists and mix CDs with specific songs that fit a theme or are in general just very enjoyable to me at the time. Then something finds me or I find it randomly, either via the radio, browsing the internet(forums, last.fm, songmeanings.net, friends, or otherwise) and I become launched into another theme related to whatever it is I've found and the cycle starts all over again.

I feel weird sometimes for having these themes/phases I go through, because I feel like I'm being too "into" one thing, but I think in general it's a positive, because I end up, afterwards, having more music to add to my library for later on when I enter another downtime of shuffling. I don't get entirely sick of whatever the phase was after I'm out of it, I just save it for later because I get enough of it after a while that I move onto something else. When stuff comes on shuffle later from previous phases I'm very happy to hear it again and will revisit it to some extent!

So yep, there's my taste in music. I hope you find some new stuff there...though I'm not sure how great I am at assigning genres to stuff.

MBTI Type
ENTP
my present mood:
New York Dolls- Vietnamese Baby (this is the kind of song that convinces me that the people who decide radio playlists don't know anything about music, because I don't think I've ever heard it on a classic rock station...much less a billion times everyday like I'd prefer)
Spacemen 3- Hey Man
Field Music- In Context
The Replacements- The Ledge
Orbital- Adnan's

however, my favorite song ever is I Got A Woman, Crazy For Me by Ben Bernie and his Hotel Roosevelt Orchestra.

Kobe

MBTI Type
INFP
Whaw lots of variation in here!

My music style covers almost everything From Jazz,Bebop,Blues (Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, Archie Shepp, Charlie Parker, Ray Charles ...) to 60's rock (Rolling Stones, Beatles, The Animals, ..) to Radio head, The Kooks, Blur to indie rock (Sparkle Horse, Eels, ...) and some random songs like Cantaloup from US3

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
so i just read my lost post in this particular thread. an interesting time capsule of what i was listening not so long ago.

i shall approach the question a little different this time, by sourcing straight from iTunes play count itself :) never lies :p

in my 25 Top Played i have
1) The Killers
2) The Mountain Goats
3) Garbage
4) Amanda Palmer
5) Fall Out Boy
6) Bif Naked
7) The Ramones
8) The Hush Sound
9) Kings of Leon
10) Lovers Electric
11) Nine Inch Nails

currently i am obsessed with Newton Faulkner, The Pretenders, Rasputina, Zoe Keating, and Belle and Sebastian.

lol.

one word.

INDIE/ALTERNATIVE.

:yes:

wolfy

awsm
From Itunes top 25

ACDC
The Clash
Shihad
Pearl Jam
Ozzy Osbourne